International Jihadis and the West's Response

It probably makes me completely unchristian, but there is no hell terrible or hot enough for those pieces of shit or any who would do such a thing.

Yesterday, a Hellfire took out a number of these fuckers, if i would not be prosecuted, I would post the aftermath. “Hundreds of people watched them burn the girls alive” . What fucking sheep. Way to celebrate the first day of Ramadan, true “holy warriors”, pure ,evil filth.

We should tell them to turn their guns on their leaders or face annihilation . Anyone think someone would do it?

No, the world governments chose to let this evil persist. Even my own government issues me “guidelines” on “proper times and methods to engage” . What hypocrisy. But hey, they are just women, and, what Muslim country gives a shit about some women being burned alive? If you have ever been embedded with them, you soon realize that a dog receives better treatment.

1 Like

Oh yeah. We should have told the client states of the USSR that as well. Brilliant

What the hell does that have to do with anything Biz? So you are comparing the Soviet Union which had client states across the entire globe to ISIS? Two totally different situations. Mind you the Czechoslovakians,& Hungarians tried to rebel but were crushed, but I’m not talking about an ideology like Communism, I’m talking about the Muslim religion. There could be a lot of Muslims living under the yoke of ISIS, who occupy parts of a mere 2 countries, and are not happy with their situation. These people have access to guns, so why not tell the people of Mosul & Falujah to rise up? The people of Poland did so against the Nazi’s at the end of WWII so it’s not totally unprecedented. The Afghans have used this very stratedy against us with so-called insider attacks…What do you think Idaho?

Care to elaborate on this?

To be slaughtered by ISIL? How is this a better outcome then urging civilians to flee as combined arms forces work to retake these cities?

I can see where you’re coming from (though I very much disagree with the assumptions that lead to your conclusion), but limiting civilian casualties is paramount to counterterrorism and counterinsurgency campaigns.

1 Like

Face annihilation from the combined arm forces attack the cities. I’m not talking about civilians, I’m talking about people forced into ISIS because they are Sunni Muslims and would have been slaughtered regardless if they refused to join, or Christians or Yazidi converts forced to join or die. Those people could pick up arms and strike at the hard core ISIS members and join with the combined armed forces as they advance on the cities. I’m not talking about civilians, women, children…Not much different, really, than Muslims in the States, or France walking into a theater or X-mas party and opening fire on people. Doesn’t bother those people to die for ISIS, so why wouldn’t this work in reverse?

1 Like

I’m not sure I follow. Those groups you mentioned are the epitome of civilians.

There are already Yazidi and Christian minorities forming armed militias and units with the Peshmerga to fight back and defend themselves and their towns. In fact I remember at least one story about a unit composed of escaped/bought off Yazidi rape slaves that had formed to fight back.

I am not so sure it is as simple as you think.

So it’s happening, just not in the way I conjectured. Anyway, all reports I read say ISIS is being defeated on many fronts. True, false, who really knows.

Side note, I’m finishing up “Black Flags” by Joby Warrick. It has been a great read on the rise of ISIS. I would definitely recommend it for those interested in the topic. I learned quite a bit.

1 Like

The real issue, uttered from the mouth of a ISIS rape victim:

“What has been happening has been happening under the name of Islam,” she said. “The Muslims must be the first ones to resist this … We have not seen that Daesh have been labeled as an infidel group within Islam by any Muslim country.”========No degree in International Affairs, just raped and enslaved.

“Secretary of State John Kerry said in March that the U.S. had determined that ISIS’ brutality constituted genocide” Really Kerry?, you just came to this decision while you were having your morning coffee? March, 2016? Amazing intellectual brillance.

Escaped ISIS sex slave tells Congress of horrors | CNN Politics

What are your thought on what King Abdullah has been trying to do in Jordan?

I personally think we should throw the full force of the US government behind his efforts to destroy ISIS.

I can give you a recent example, where obama’s rather sunny assessment of the progress against ISIS contradicts the CIA director’s assessment as the kind of bullshit I disagree with:

If you don’t like those sources, I can find others.

Those pesky Muslims and hapless Intel weenies

I am hestiant to attempt an answer to your question, because, I only comment from personal experience and my experience does not coincide with the current DoS, academic, or politically correct view. All my experience comes from the ground level and as you well know from the Corps, men getting in harm’s way tend to have a more realistic view of the situation. I also do not know the King personally, only seen him a couple of times at military functions.

I can tell you that after being embedded there for issues, the situation with the Jordanian population is tense, and the King is only in power because of massive amounts of your tax dollars. Jordan does not have the oil money or the international economic system to sustain their population, nor, to sustain a credibile fighting force. (Side note: every ME military I have experience with, thinks they are better than everyone else, with leads to self inflated importance, which leads to defeat). Remind me to tell you some U.A.E.stories in the future.

So, Jordan, like so many of the ME countries I have experience with, will see the USG coming, place their right hands over their hearts, smile with all sincerity, take all the USG tax money they can, be our friends as long as the money keeps flowing, then when this lastest crisis is neutralized, go back to fucking us in the ass and stabbing us in the back.

Since ISIS was getting close to bathing in th Dead Sea, the King had to really brush up on his heart felt love for the infidel. His approach to the “iron hand policy” will last as long as the money flows.

3 Likes

I appreciate the insight idaho.

I also appreciate idaho’s assessment. I leery to support any government in the ME outside of Israel fully. I certainly would accept their help, but I don’t believe Jordan or any other ME country aside from Iran and Syria who is fully committed to the destruction of ISIS. And since the enemy of our enemy is not our friend in this case, we cannot trust anybody in that region. I don’t believe Jordan is that committed to getting rid of ISIS, because they can do more if they want to right now and they are not doing it.

If we are going to commit to any country in the fight against terrorism, it’s Ethiopia. They are committed to rooting out terrorists but lack the resources to do it. Even with their limited resources they go into Somalia and attack terrorists and they could do so much more with a little help. We provide them with intelligence but little in the way of financial and military resources. And while ISIS dominates our attention Somalia is a powder keg just waiting to be exploited by a powerful terrorist nut job. Assisting Ethiopia in their fight would go a long way to slamming the door on terrorist back channels. Stem the flow of terrorists in Africa.
I don’t know for sure, but would not be surprised if the flow of ISIS terrorists from Syria to Libya is going directly through Somalia.