International Jihadis and the West's Response

Very interesting post, Russia seems to have gotten the manipulation of the U.S. and the EU down to a science.

No matter what Putin does, he comes out smelling clean…I would expect nothing less from a man with his past. He is a dangerous opponent.

The biggest danger is that Putin is bringing back the idea that you can overcome your opponents/rivals in the geopolitical arena with sheer force of personal will, a concept last tried out by a guy named Adolf in the last century. Let’s just say that is a dangerous concept.

Unfortunately, this has so far proven to be the case. US foreign policy under the Obama administration has been nothing short of disastrous, on par with GWB, both in Syria and Iraq and in relation to Russia.

And don’t think that the world, including the general public in Europe and elsewhere, does not know this. The feeling is that one could get away with almost anything, only with “grave voicing concerns”, calls for “deescalation” etc.

There’s a reason why Ukrainian soldiers on the front are wearing Reagan shirts.

Ukraine is a core interest for Russia. Is it for the United States?

No it is not. However, it sets a dangerous precedent - had the US shown more about Ukraine, Putin wouldn’t have been in Syria. And Russian presence in Syria has bigger ramifications for the US.

Remember that the 1999 Prishtina airport confrontation between US and Russia neutralized Russian ambitions for 10 years.

Once the US administration reneged on it’s verbal commitments somewhere, it was easy for Putin to start probing and pushing - it is a Russian foreign policy tradition (persistent throughout the Soviet era) to perceive any attempt at compromise or detente as a sign of weakness by the opposing side. So, where does it end? Where does the US administration say “Ok, now we’re serious and we mean it”

The whole concept of Northern Hemisphere security rests on the assumption that the US is willing to protect its allies. Once this is doubtful, the whole security framework comes crashing down.

Also, does this sound familiar? Why Die for Danzig? - Wikipedia

I agree with you on all points.

Interesting article about the CIA, Obama and the Syrian/ISIS situation.

Assad used poison gas against rebels. What’s Obama going to do now?

What bullshit, exactly? What do you disagree with? What are your alternatives?

Let’s ask you the same. What about Obamas foreign policy do You find to be bullshit, disagree with, or have alternatives to?

Most likely. Fwiw, I agree with your view. Instead of tapping a wealth of knowledge and experience available, O tapps a fiction based spin doctor, or dillitante, to control information and manipulate public opinion of his actions and lack thereof.

On the other hand, I also like to see Bis self immolate.

From the article- “What the Samuels piece shows is that the Obama administration chose to attempt to get its way not by winning an argument but by bringing an almost fathomless cynicism to bear in manipulating its own clueless liberal fan club.”

Read more: Ben Rhodes admits administration lied to sell Iran deal - American Thinker
Follow us: @AmericanThinker on Twitter | AmericanThinker on Facebook

Gee, I guess maybe there really isn’t any room for gut responses in stark political analysis. Especially when dealing with gutless punks.

something else we’ve been saying all along. Great idea to open our borders to Syrian refugees, since Italian anti-mafia police claim ISIS fighters are posing as refugees.

China is investing billions into Pakistan. Not to fight terrorism, but to build infrastructure. This is pissing a lot of people off there. How long before the militants strike out at the Chinese? Does anyone think they will and what will be the Chinese response?

How long? It already happened. China has a domestic islamic terrorism problem with muslim Uyghurs in the western province of Xinjiang, with a high-profile failed attack attempt in the heart of Beijing, and several bloodier ones in the western provinces.

Although, it’s still very much an open question how much is the threat overblown and how much are the Han Chinese using it to ramp up oppression against the Uyghurs.

As far as Chinese response goes, I distinctly remember watching English-language Chinese official TV on a business trip and there was a news snippet that 30 or so “terrorists” attacked a Chinese military base with sticks and stones (!) but were promptly neutralized. Not plausible, but hey, that’s China.

Also, one disconcerting feature for Westerners is that the Uyghurs sometimes look very Caucasian.

The Mongols used the Uyghur written language as their own back when they had an empire. They were Buddhists then. I know who they are. They are Turkish.

Pure fucking filth…The governments of this world, need to hang their heads in collective shame for allowing this filth to survive. But, hey, its only some woman with a cross tattoo in the land of Allah, so fuck her, oh, wait they did, up to nine different animals a night…

Iraqi Christian details how ISIS fighters 'married' her only for rape | Fox News

1 Like