Intermittent Fasting while Working 4pm to 4:30am?

I would like to try intermittent fasting but I am unsure how to schedule it with my messed up work and workout schedule. I work from 4:00 pm until 4:30 am 5 days a week. I workout when I get home around 5:00 am. If i schedule my eating from noon when I wake up until 8 pm what affects will having or not having a post workout protein shake have on me since it will be in the middle of my fasting time? The other option seems to be not eating until 10pm.

Probably worth posting your sleep hours but:

You can do a 24 hour fast once a week as an option; or

Break your fast between 430 and 500 with a protein shake then have a big meal after youre done training then another at 1200 (assuming 16/8 fast).

I worked 7pm-7am for 2 years, and let me tell you - intermittent fasting is a useful tool, but I do not think it is a good idea for someone working the hours you are. I think keeping calories low during night hours is good and won’t throw off your circadian rhythm too much, but you are working 60 hours and half of them at night, and you NEED energy. After 12 hours you need protein and some carbs before the gym, and you need a PWO shake and meal.

So If you go workout at 5am and wake up at noon? Sounds like you might not be getting enough rest bro

I would start eating when I get off work until I go to sleep, but I would sleep until an hour before I have to go into work, that’s just my opnion

1 Like

I’m going to try to break my fast at 10pm that way my 8 hours of eating lasts until I go to bed. I know my sleep schedule sucks with it only being 6 hours but I have to keep the wife happy too. She only sees me for about 4 hours a day