Intermittent Fasting Muscle Gain?

Can you build muscle while intermittent fasting? Given that your eating in a calorie surplus, can you gain as much muscle as with a “normal” eating pattern? Im in school and don’t really have a lot of time to eat during the day. Any thougts?

Short answer, Yes. Realistically it will probably be pretty difficult especially if you tend to have a hard time putting on weight.

I’ve been on IF for about a year and I had limited results, I also put on a good amount of fat. I can say that it works better for fat loss than muscle gain. I had better results with a hybrid approach, high carbs + wise peri-workout nutrition on training days and low carbs + IF on rest days.

1 Like

I’m 42 fasting for about 8 months and do basic calisthenics. My focus has been weight loss. But I’m significantly stronger. And more cut. Although I could not measure it. I think I’m a bit bigger from muscle stand point. But when I went from 1800 calories to 2800 it took me a day or two to adjust to volume off food. So cramming 4000cal or food in 8 hours may be a issue. So I do a 10 hour feed window instead of 8

1 Like

Thanks for the information

Just curious what if is I’m new to the lingo

Intermittent fasting

check out his channel, you will get all the informations you need, from a - z

hope that helps

Kinobody WAY overhypes IF because it’s part of his marketing.