T Nation

Intermittent Fasting Long-Term for Powerlifting?

So I’ve been doing intermittent fasting for about a month now to cut up drop somebody fat and I really enjoy it But I’m curious to know if this is something that can be done long term as in every day of the week all year long. Powerlifting is my bread and butter and that’s what I would like to continue to do when I try to come back up and start working on increasing my strength in my lifts what are your opinions about doing intermittent fasting but for bulking? I’ve heard conflicting reports just curious what others think

It’s not ideal for bulking since you’ll have to eat quite a bit of food at each meal, but for strength it’s fine.

Total calories is what matters most. It doesn’t matter if you eat it in a 12, 8, or 2 hour window.

I’m not sure why you’d use intermittent fasting for bulking. I don’t know a ton about it, but it seems counter intuitive to try to increase your food intake while restricting your eating window. That being said, you mentioned you really enjoy it. That’s obviously very important.