Intermittent Fasting, Long OL Training

Thanks for your input, McDouche (lol). It’s been difficult for me to gauge how fasting has affected my training as I’ve been droppin’ mad kilo’s, as well as dealing with some injuries. Neither of which are conducive to productive training sessions.

One thing I can say, though, is that I really like how fasting forces me to up the pace of my workouts. I generally try to keep it to no more than an hour. Today I got up to about 1:15, but I think that 1:30 would be my absolute limit before packing it in.

Also, the post-workout meal is always a glorious thing to behold.

almost done my first 24 hour fast.

I trained very hard yesterday and set a best on back squat for 10 reps. had a fairly high carb dinner (rice, beans etc… with fish)

I felt good all day, only really started to feel tired and hungry for the last 3-4 hours of the fast. Im looking forward to dinner in 1 hour. Going to have more rice, fish and veggies most likely, very clean, easy to digest food. Ill eat extra slow just in case.

Ill be training hard again tomorrow and will let you guys know how i feel.

im down about 2 or 3 lbs since yesterday morning and woke up feeling slightly hypoglycemic…

i will eat a lot of food during the week as my overall goal right now is to gain weight.

I may do it again, but im not too sure when.

Thanks for the update, tork. I guess I’ll give one as well. I’ve been dropping weight at a pretty speedy pace. I do feel like I’ve lost a bit of muscle, but I tend to be paranoid about that whenever I diet down. I’ve lost strength on jerks and squats, but have managed PR’s on snatches and cleans.

I’ve been doing IF (leangains) with OL for a little over a year now and think the two work great together.

I’ve been training OL for a little over 5 years but wanted a more convenient way to maintain weight (and physique :stuck_out_tongue: ) - IF is working fantastic.

I recently moved to training 4 days a week (up from 3) and my sessions are usually 2-3 hrs long. Coffee in the morning and ~10g Xtend during training gets the job done. On days I do both lifts, sometimes I’ll eat some rice cakes with honey before starting C&J.

Hugely not convinced fasting is going to help you increase your OLifts consistently…

What is leangains JC and what how have your OLifts increased in the IF phase and over the past 5yrs?

Koing