T Nation

Intermediate Routine


#1

Full body
- Squat 4x6
- SLDL 4x6
- Bench 4x6
- Rows 4x6
- Dips 4x6
- Chin up 4x6

3x a week

Push
- Bench 4x6
- Incline Bench 4x6
- Dips 4x6

Pull
- Squat 4x6
- Rows 4x6
- Chin up 4x6
- Deadlift 1x6

Push - Pull - Rest. Twice a week

1-2 mins rest between set

Any comments?


#2

Just to clarify: is your idea to either do the full body routine OR the push/pull routine, or are you planning on doing both at the same time?

To be able to give a constructive answer, could you tell us what your goals are and what you’ve done up to this point?

In any case, it seems a bit limiting to have the exact same number of sets and reps (exc. deadlift) for every single exercise. Is there a reason you believe this setup would be optimal?


#3

I don’t really get your program here, so just 4x6 forever? How are you tracking progress? Just run something like 5/3/1, the cube, juggernaut, etc etc


#4

This is barely a program; its just a list of exercises followed by “4x6.” Also, why are squats on your pull day?


#5

Not crazy about this one partner.


#6

I like a lot of those movements. What makes this program intermediate?


#7

[quote]cparker wrote:
I don’t really get your program here, so just 4x6 forever? How are you tracking progress? Just run something like 5/3/1, the cube, juggernaut, etc etc[/quote]

This


#8

[quote]Fabadab wrote:
Just to clarify: is your idea to either do the full body routine OR the push/pull routine, or are you planning on doing both at the same time?

To be able to give a constructive answer, could you tell us what your goals are and what you’ve done up to this point?

In any case, it seems a bit limiting to have the exact same number of sets and reps (exc. deadlift) for every single exercise. Is there a reason you believe this setup would be optimal?[/quote]
Which one is better to do for intermediate lifter?

Goal is to gain muscle.


#9

[quote]cparker wrote:
I don’t really get your program here, so just 4x6 forever? How are you tracking progress? Just run something like 5/3/1, the cube, juggernaut, etc etc[/quote]
When all 6 reps in all sets, increase weight, just like 5x5.


#10

[quote]TrevorLPT wrote:
This is barely a program; its just a list of exercises followed by “4x6.” Also, why are squats on your pull day? [/quote]
If I put squat in push day, back may be affected when squat in first day and deadlift in 2nd day.


#11

[quote]T3hPwnisher wrote:
I like a lot of those movements. What makes this program intermediate?[/quote]
Intermediate nothing to do with program. Just my lifting stats.


#12

[quote]tagan wrote:

[quote]T3hPwnisher wrote:
I like a lot of those movements. What makes this program intermediate?[/quote]
Intermediate nothing to do with program. Just my lifting stats.[/quote]

If the programming doesn’t matter, why do you need an intermediate routine?

I’d do 5/3/1 if I were in your situation.


#13

[quote]tagan wrote:

[quote]Fabadab wrote:
Just to clarify: is your idea to either do the full body routine OR the push/pull routine, or are you planning on doing both at the same time?

To be able to give a constructive answer, could you tell us what your goals are and what you’ve done up to this point?

In any case, it seems a bit limiting to have the exact same number of sets and reps (exc. deadlift) for every single exercise. Is there a reason you believe this setup would be optimal?[/quote]
Which one is better to do for intermediate lifter?

Goal is to gain muscle.[/quote]

if you like fullbody look up a Waterbury program especially ‘SOB’

if feel like a split do kingbeef


#14

Why do you feel this is superior to any of the prewritten programs out there?