T Nation

Interesting Tidbits from Around the World

Hello my T-Nation brothers (ha)

I am attempting to start a thread even though it terrifies me completely because I need to get out of my comfort zone bubble.

SPEAKING OF BUBBLES…

I live in one. Every place I go is about a 15 minute walk away and I really am clueless when it comes to things from outside of Edmonton. However, I AM curious, and according to my resume, I have a strong desire to learn new things.
SO if anyone has any questions or interesting facts about place from around the world they should post it here.

Or anything for that matter just so the first thread I have started in a year doesn’t get zero responses.

I’ll start…

Edmonton has a streetcar that runs across the high level bridge, which is in fact the highest running streetcar in the WORLD. MWAHAH

Two questions:
I read there is a town in Maryland named boring. Is this true, and has anyone visisted this location? Is it boring?

Second:
Has anyone been to the homosassa springs? I adopted a manatee from there and if someone goes there frequentely they could perhaps take a picture of her for me because I love her.
Her name is Loreli.

Thanks for reading friends!

The farthest south I’ve been is Florida in late June. It rained at the same time every fucking day. Sadly, I don’t get out much either OP.

Congratulations on starting your first thread.

Here are two interesting facts about my home city, Volgograd in Russia.

  1. Volgograd is considered to have the most beautiful women in all of Russia, and by some the entire world, and has over 2 single women for every single man. Despite this, I never had a single girlfriend or even a date when I lived in Volgograd.

  2. Volgograd has the only tram system in the entire world that runs underground.

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

My city, Hamilton Ontario is the Waterfall capital of the WORLD with 126 falls locally. While the rest of Ontario (Toronto can suck it) considers us to be an industrial waste land steel town, we are in fact, the worlds repository of falling water and, in all likelihood, unicorns.

Congrats.

In an effort to take my children out of their comfort zone we just took a vacation in Costa Rica. It was a real eye opener for them and they seemed to really soak in the cultural differences. Very outwardly friendly people with little in the way of material possessions.

This is a legit exit north of Detroit off the I-75.

You’re missing out on greatness Spock, go a’travelin

[quote]Viernes wrote:
This is a legit exit north of Detroit off the I-75.

You’re missing out on greatness Spock, go a’travelin[/quote]

Yes! Going to Troy!

By the way, Michigan also has the privilege of being home to the towns of Climax and Hell and I believe is one of two places in the US where you go SOUTH to get to Canada.

[quote]Grneyes wrote:

[quote]Viernes wrote:
This is a legit exit north of Detroit off the I-75.

You’re missing out on greatness Spock, go a’travelin[/quote]

Yes! Going to Troy!

By the way, Michigan also has the privilege of being home to the towns of Climax and Hell and I believe is one of two places in the US where you go SOUTH to get to Canada.[/quote]

I live five miles from Hell and have passed through Climax many times on the way to Kalamazoooooo!


I would go places if I wasn’t a broke student/single momma. I WANT TO SHOW MY BOY THE WORLD SOMEDAY!!

I have a thing for large sea creatures (obviously), so the second I have disposable income I would love to take him whale watching.

Also, we watch youtube videos of people being on the Jurassic Park ride, so that is on “the list” as well.

I am learning so much already, thanks folks!!

And here is a picture my kiddo took from said streetcar AND you can also see a large building in the corner which is my gym!!! COOL HUH?

:slight_smile:

[quote]Testy1 wrote:

[quote]Grneyes wrote:

[quote]Viernes wrote:
This is a legit exit north of Detroit off the I-75.

You’re missing out on greatness Spock, go a’travelin[/quote]

Yes! Going to Troy!

By the way, Michigan also has the privilege of being home to the towns of Climax and Hell and I believe is one of two places in the US where you go SOUTH to get to Canada.[/quote]

I live five miles from Hell and have passed through Climax many times on the way to Kalamazoooooo!
[/quote]

My mom said there used to be bumper stickers that said “Where the hell is Kalamazoo?” Kalamazoo, home of the corn flake, ironically invented by a guy who WAS a mental corn flake…

[quote]ouroboro_s wrote:
My city, Hamilton Ontario is the Waterfall capital of the WORLD with 126 falls locally. While the rest of Ontario (Toronto can suck it) considers us to be an industrial waste land steel town, we are in fact, the worlds repository of falling water and, in all likelihood, unicorns.[/quote]

These don’t count as waterfalls :wink:

[quote]ouroboro_s wrote:
My city, Hamilton Ontario is the Waterfall capital of the WORLD with 126 falls locally. While the rest of Ontario (Toronto can suck it) considers us to be an industrial waste land steel town, we are in fact, the worlds repository of falling water and, in all likelihood, unicorns.[/quote]

My brother and I used to make Blue Mountain resort in Collingwood our “12/27-12/30” annual ski trip.

Loved that town, and the hill was pretty fun. Canadians know how to do it.

Texas has everything, tropics, desert, mountains, beaches, country living, city living, every race known to man and jobs.

[quote]Derek542 wrote:
Texas has everything, tropics, desert, mountains, beaches, country living, city living, every race known to man and jobs. [/quote]

And HoustonGuy. Take that.

.

[quote]thethirdruffian wrote:
.[/quote]

[quote]Testy1 wrote:

[quote]Derek542 wrote:
Texas has everything, tropics, desert, mountains, beaches, country living, city living, every race known to man and jobs. [/quote]

And HoustonGuy. Take that.[/quote]

Yeah, that fact alone trumps everything about Texas. Sorry, Derek.

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

[quote]Grneyes wrote:

[quote]Testy1 wrote:

[quote]Derek542 wrote:
Texas has everything, tropics, desert, mountains, beaches, country living, city living, every race known to man and jobs. [/quote]

And HoustonGuy. Take that.[/quote]

Yeah, that fact alone trumps everything about Texas. Sorry, Derek.[/quote]

But he is not real?