Interesting New Dietary Approach

I doubt that your body is going to shift so drastically into starvation mode in just one day. The effects of this type of diet would be pretty subtle. It would keep your cortisol levels in check, as well as your leptin levels.

I actually might try it.

I’ve heard something like this on the radio around here. They’ve been calling it the one day diet. It’s like that whole 6 second abs BS. The marketing is all in the title. Apparently this works though, which is a bit surprising.

[quote]Snoop wrote:
There is some guy out there that calls this the hunter-gatherer diet. I thought I read about it/him on this site… If the hunting was good he eats well if not, well, I guess he goes hungry. Basically he is trying to say this is how we evolved and therefore it must be better for us. Sounds like an excuse to binge one day and then punish yourself the next…gateway to an eating disorder??[/quote]

That was Art De Vany:
www.arthurdevany.com/

I guess I may as well bump this as it isn’t worth starting a new thread.

Anyway, I’m giving this thing a shot. I just had to note that I saw a 12lb swing from one day to the next! It had to be an extreme case, but I was laughing about it.

Anyway, the tanita scale seems to like it so far… and it’s real easy to do. If anything amazing were to happen, I’ll drop a note somewhere.

12lbs ? How many carbs do you eat ???
That’s extreme.

In my opinion, cyclical diets are going to be the next big break-out technique muscle building athletes. While the basic concept isn’t at all new, the problem is, we just don’t know how to do it optimally yet.

What is needed is a basic understanding and research of the impulse response of hormones and other muscle building things to foot intake changes. I think the reason that there’s been poor progress is that systems analyis and nutrician physiology usually aren’t taught to the same poeple.

The most promising theory that I’ve heard of that makes sense from already known reasearch involves a “Cut” cycling ketogenic (plus long runs in the AM on empty stomach) for 2 weeks folloed by a “bulk” cycling of pigging out for 2 weeks. The idea is it takes about 2 weeks for your body to become insulin (and IGF) resistant when you pig out and about 2 weeks to “wring” out insulin resistance when you go ketogenic. You’ll also boost Testosterone when you are in the bulk phases to much higher levels.

I’ve done this for 3 months and packed on muscle like I’ve never done before. I’ve never tried roids but it felt like I was Barry Bonds on the “clear”. I made 30% strength gains in 3 months after a 2 year plateau. I stopped doing it because my hair started falling out in the typical male pattern way and I think it was because the cycling was juicing my testosterone way too much (there were other symptoms of this as well). Guess what, after stopping my hair grew back after 3 months!

[quote]Stiggy wrote:
12lbs ? How many carbs do you eat ???
That’s extreme. [/quote]

That’s not too extreme. I’ve been known to swing as much as 10lbs from one day to the other, and then back again. Not sure why. I always attributed it to water, but it seems the more water I consume the less differences from day to day. I will say this- in all of my 29 years there has never been a day I weighed exactly the same two days in a row. There is always at least a 1-2lb diff. Hell I can have a swing of 7-8lbs in a single day (between morning and night) on a 2500cal modest carb diet.

[quote]Snoop wrote:
There is some guy out there that calls this the hunter-gatherer diet. I thought I read about it/him on this site… If the hunting was good he eats well if not, well, I guess he goes hungry. Basically he is trying to say this is how we evolved and therefore it must be better for us. Sounds like an excuse to binge one day and then punish yourself the next…gateway to an eating disorder??[/quote]

Without reading the fine print, I would say this is variation of the Ori Hofmekler’s Warrior Diet.

[quote]Snoop wrote:

Without reading the fine print, I would say this is variation of the Ori Hofmekler’s Warrior Diet.