Interesting Cell Phone Experience

Alright thought I’d share this funny/a little scary story that just happened to me a few minutes ago. I’ve been in the market for a used treadmill to bring back to my school apartment so I can get my cardio done despite the harsh winter weather. I’ve been in contact with a woman named Gina who after some phone tag back and forth finally got some dialogue going with text messages. She mentioned on Monday that she would let me know when I could come check her treadmill out and most likely purchase it if all was well.

Tuesday I got some wisdom teeth pulled and have since been on pain medication and basically been a lonely/drugged up hermit in my house the past two days. Hadn’t heard from Gina since Monday and hadn’t given it a thought since. I called my friend Gina tonight(a different one) to come over and keep me company; left a voicemail saying I had ordered some movies on demand and she should come over and watch some with me.

About 20 minutes later I get a text from Gina(treadmill Gina however) saying I should come over tonight. In my pain killer blur I didn’t realize which Gina it was and said “No you come over here and watch movies with me, I can’t drive”. I didn’t realize my mistake until treadmill Gina’s HUSBAND called me from a restricted number asking(not so nicely) why I was asking his wife to watch movies at my house.

Needless to say I was extremely confused and it suddnely dawned on me that this man thought I was trying to solicit his wife in some fashion. HOLY SHIT, I tried to explain about my friend Gina but I don’t think he was convinced. He told me not to contact his wife again and to talk to him if I was still interested in the treadmill.

We are either going to have a good laugh about this tomorrow when I call him or I’m going to be looking over my shoulder for a crazed jealous husband for the rest of my life Thought some might get a kick out of my stupidity, these pills are making me pretty dumb. Moral of the story? Clearly label people in your cell phone and don’t contact people when you are on drugs.

[quote]Scott M wrote:
Alright thought I’d share this funny/a little scary story that just happened to me a few minutes ago. I’ve been in the market for a used treadmill to bring back to my school apartment so I can get my cardio done despite the harsh winter weather. I’ve been in contact with a woman named Gina who after some phone tag back and forth finally got some dialogue going with text messages. She mentioned on Monday that she would let me know when I could come check her treadmill out and most likely purchase it if all was well.

Tuesday I got some wisdom teeth pulled and have since been on pain medication and basically been a lonely/drugged up hermit in my house the past two days. Hadn’t heard from Gina since Monday and hadn’t given it a thought since. I called my friend Gina tonight(a different one) to come over and keep me company; left a voicemail saying I had ordered some movies on demand and she should come over and watch some with me.

About 20 minutes later I get a text from Gina(treadmill Gina however) saying I should come over tonight. In my pain killer blur I didn’t realize which Gina it was and said “No you come over here and watch movies with me, I can’t drive”. I didn’t realize my mistake until treadmill Gina’s HUSBAND called me from a restricted number asking(not so nicely) why I was asking his wife to watch movies at my house.

Needless to say I was extremely confused and it suddnely dawned on me that this man thought I was trying to solicit his wife in some fashion. HOLY SHIT, I tried to explain about my friend Gina but I don’t think he was convinced. He told me not to contact his wife again and to talk to him if I was still interested in the treadmill.

We are either going to have a good laugh about this tomorrow when I call him or I’m going to be looking over my shoulder for a crazed jealous husband for the rest of my life Thought some might get a kick out of my stupidity, these pills are making me pretty dumb. Moral of the story? Clearly label people in your cell phone and don’t contact people when you are on drugs. [/quote]

thats awesome.

Classic story!

[quote]Scott M wrote:

We are either going to have a good laugh about this tomorrow when I call him or I’m going to be looking over my shoulder for a crazed jealous husband for the rest of my life Thought some might get a kick out of my stupidity, these pills are making me pretty dumb. Moral of the story? Clearly label people in your cell phone and don’t contact people when you are on drugs. [/quote]

hahaha thats great.

I feel your pain. Get all four pulled?

I was such a dumbass when I got mine pulled this summer. Got em pulled Friday, felt good Saturday because the swelling hadn’t gotten bad, and ended up lifting heavy that afternoon.

What a dumb fuck I am. Doubled the swelling from that little stunt and missed the gym for a week. I do like me some Percocet though.

man, that was a great story. i got my wisdom teeth removed 6 days ago. 4 impacted teeth. i got crappy pain pills. toradol and some other big green ones… they dont do shit for me…

Luckily only 2 pulled from one side for me and none were impacted. Pretty easy operation and minimal pain/swelling. The pills are basically being forced down my throat and they finally started to get me a little disoriented tonight, obviously ha.

Try and save as much as the percocet as you can because it is a very handy drug to have around when you need it.

Scott…buddy…where in MD are you ? I’ve lived 37 years in central MD (in between DC and Baltimore)…we get 1 bad week of winter weather tops per year ! Save your money bro…you’re reminding me of my mother who ALWAYS had to buy a new piece of cardio equipment every year because it was cold outside and she couldn’t walk…well…even when it was sunny and warm she couldn’t lug herself outside to walk, so sure as shit she never put many miles on the treadmills, ellipticals and stationary bikes that my old man was forced to buy her and then put together every winter…if you’re in the mountains or out on the shore, I might give you a pass…

Funny cell phone story.

I live near Annapolis but go to school in Morgantown WV(yes we lost to Pitt, yes it was a choke job haha). The cold is one of the reasons for getting a piece of home cardio equipment but there are others. I’ve got weird foot/shin problems that flare up when I start putting down a lot of “road” time but not when I use a treadmill so that’s the path I decided to go with. It’s a gift for me from my family, I don’t have the money for it alone that’s for sure haha.

Glad everyone got a kick out of my story haha, I felt/feel like a grade A idiot and thought others would enjoy it.

[quote]Scott M wrote:

Glad everyone got a kick out of my story haha, I felt/feel like a grade A idiot and thought others would enjoy it. [/quote]

Have you heard from the Gina selling the treadmill yet today ?

[quote]sen say wrote:
Scott…buddy…where in MD are you ? I’ve lived 37 years in central MD (in between DC and Baltimore)…we get 1 bad week of winter weather tops per year ! Save your money bro…you’re reminding me of my mother who ALWAYS had to buy a new piece of cardio equipment every year because it was cold outside and she couldn’t walk…well…even when it was sunny and warm she couldn’t lug herself outside to walk, so sure as shit she never put many miles on the treadmills, ellipticals and stationary bikes that my old man was forced to buy her and then put together every winter…if you’re in the mountains or out on the shore, I might give you a pass…

Funny cell phone story.[/quote]

Hey, whoa, stop hating on the treadmill! Treadmills are awesome. The freedom to run (or whatever) in any kind of weather…to be able crank up the a/c if you happen to be living in Austin, Texas in the summertime…to enjoy a cool 68 degree room with the volume on your Bose speakers topped out, cranking out the music it’s unsafe to blast on the road because of muggers, rapists, and pickpockets (and their blasted, blasted wineglasses), cool breeze from the fan blowing back your hair…

Or, if you happen to have moved away from Austin and its heat, and are now looking out the window at a foot of snow, you can head over to the good old treadmill, turn off the heater, open the window, and enjoy running (or whatever) in a cool, but not too cold and not icy, room with music similarly blasting.

Perfection.

Treadmills rock.

Scott, have you called Gina’s husband back yet?

I’m scared… No not really, but I need someone else to drive me so I’m either waiting to hear back from a friend of mine or my sister/mother to come home before I talk to him. I will update people though, and if I don’t update that means he beat me up haha.

[quote]EmilyQ wrote:

Hey, whoa, stop hating on the treadmill! Treadmills are awesome. The freedom to run (or whatever) in any kind of [/quote]

You can run on them ? Mom used hers to dry laundry on…

fuck, how are ya feelin after the wisdom teeth, takin it easy from the gym for a while? i never had mine out but i had a friend my first year university and half her face lost all feeling and motor control after the surgery, felt so bad.

slight tangent: i would really like a home cardio machine, i cant run to much cause of my knee and feel like a greasy queer on the precor at my gym(which they have 50 on, then 6 treadmills). Itd be nice to just be able to pound some coffee, pepper out a half hour of cardio then get the day going quick

[quote]sen say wrote:
EmilyQ wrote:

Hey, whoa, stop hating on the treadmill! Treadmills are awesome. The freedom to run (or whatever) in any kind of

You can run on them ? Mom used hers to dry laundry on…
[/quote]

Yeah, but she was able to enjoy doing that in a perfectly-temperatured room, right? So, see?

That’s awesome. It would be even more awesome if you had sex with both Ginas. At the same time. ATM.

Alright so I did get a chance to talk to the husband and explain it all, he got a laugh from it and I’m set up to buy the treadmill Saturday. Sort of boring ending haha, but that’s how it panned out.

[quote]Scott M wrote:
Alright so I did get a chance to talk to the husband and explain it all, he got a laugh from it and I’m set up to buy the treadmill Saturday. Sort of boring ending haha, but that’s how it panned out.

[/quote]

Well, that’s better than getting beaten up by him.

Great story altogether.