T Nation

Interesting Article about Leucine Added to Wheat Protein

www.ergo-log.com/added-leucine-makes-wheat-protein-as-anabolic-as-whey.html

Now, this particular site’s “jumping to conclusions” is just as bad as any bro-science speculation out there, but I found this study pretty interesting. Noteworthy is the fact that this is an animal study (rats) and its transference to humans is not really known.

Still, this is yet another study that indicates what we’ve been reading about now for awhile, that leucine truly is a special amino acid when it comes to muscle building. Biotest’s recommendations of adding (sprinkling) leucine on your whole food meals is probably a good thing.

Too bad I simply cannot stand the taste!

Fuck sprinkling on food. Just scoop directly into your mouth, and wash it down.

It really doesn’t taste that bad.

I glanced over something that said you get use to (maybe immune) to the effects of leucine is this true?

[quote]Musclemorse wrote:
Fuck sprinkling on food. Just scoop directly into your mouth, and wash it down.

It really doesn’t taste that bad.[/quote]

I can’t even do that (sprinkle on food)…I am definitely a wimp compared to you here man! No…the taste for some reason is something I just can’t tolerate.

[quote]buffd_samurai wrote:

[quote]Musclemorse wrote:
Fuck sprinkling on food. Just scoop directly into your mouth, and wash it down.

It really doesn’t taste that bad.[/quote]

I can’t even do that (sprinkle on food)…I am definitely a wimp compared to you here man! No…the taste for some reason is something I just can’t tolerate. [/quote]

If you can do shots of Alochol…you can do a shot of leucine.

[quote]paulieserafini wrote:
I glanced over something that said you get use to (maybe immune) to the effects of leucine is this true?

[/quote]

Paulie, I haven’t seen that, but it definitely could be possible. You raise an interesting question here. If I’m understanding it correctly, one of the reasons for intaking proteins in a pulsatile fashion is due to the fact that if the blood has a constant presence of aminos, it will begin to burn them for energy preferentially. I wonder if the mTOR pathway can get desensitized to leucine just like any cell receptor can get desensitized.

I guess the next bodybuilding nutritional or drug discovery would be something that would prevent this desensitization.

Again, interesting.

[quote]Cron391 wrote:

[quote]buffd_samurai wrote:

[quote]Musclemorse wrote:
Fuck sprinkling on food. Just scoop directly into your mouth, and wash it down.

It really doesn’t taste that bad.[/quote]

I can’t even do that (sprinkle on food)…I am definitely a wimp compared to you here man! No…the taste for some reason is something I just can’t tolerate. [/quote]

If you can do shots of Alochol…you can do a shot of leucine.[/quote]

Only if you can stand the taste of certain types of alcohol. I’m one of those who can’t. I’m not really a drinker at all. Recreational drugs (of which I consider alcohol to be one) is not something I do. Anabolics on the other hand…

buffd- digging the new avi.

L-leucine is pretty nasty. The newest blend is a lot grainier in mouth feel. The sprinkle on food bit just doesn’t work for me either. Now that said I LOVE adding it into Metabolic Drive. Seriously it makes a huge difference in how the shake acts IMO.

I hate to say something so generic as “Feels more anabolic” but I find after a few shakes of Metabolic Drive containing Biotest’s L-Leucine additive the body reacts a lot differently than just having regular Metabolic Drive shakes.

I’ve only ever used l-leucine in soups. No idea if the heat damages it, I normally add it in to my bowl. That was the old formula anyhow. Haven’t done the new in quite a while.

Lastly I used the old sprinkled on tomatoes with salt before and that didn’t work so well.