T Nation

Intensity Overtrainig

To exist overtraing by too much Overtraining?

And how can we beat(this) over-training?

[quote]Paul0 wrote:
To exist overtraing by too much Overtraining?

And how can we beat(this) over-training?
[/quote]

??? What is the question???

Ahh yes, overtraining. I am familiar with this as back in the day we exercised hard core and lifted heavy on all exercises and every set went to failure. Up to 20 sets for a body part like chest. Those were the days, i was young and full of energy and had a vision. But could not figure out why i did not make the gains i was after despite my hard work. I convinced myself i was not working hard enough and worked even harder on all my sets, and even added more sets. I alway walked around flat and tired. No matter how much sleep i got i was always tired. Then i even tried some AS and made awsome gains on small ammounts but still did not reach my goals. Years later I figured it out. I was severely overtrained. My CNS was burned out like a parkinsons patient so i quit.

Overtraining is a sneaky bastard and not always so obvious. It starts with a slight lack of motivation for your workouts, so you power through them. But in time the motivation drops more and more and get’s to a point that you either take a break or quit.

Overtraining is a deficit in the following 2 areas.

  1. Not enough sleep
  2. Not enough nutrition (calories)

Add to that too many workouts and there you have it, you’ll be having the overtraining syndrome in no time flat.

So to beat it:

  1. you should train briefly and heavy, or longer but lighter like the GVT system, but NEVER both.

  2. Get adequate calories in your diet and the appropriate micronutrient ratios, stressing protein.

  3. Get enough sleep everyday and don’t build up a deficit there.

Follow those 3 rules and you’ll avoid overtraining and look forward to making good gains.

PS: Sorry for the gamble.

To exist overtraing by too much Overtraining?

EXCUSE ME To exist overtraing by too much Intensity(and normal Volume)?

[quote]Paul0 wrote:
To exist overtraing by too much Overtraining?

EXCUSE ME To exist overtraing by too much Intensity(and normal Volume)? [/quote]

Thanks for clearing that up.

This looks like Engrish. It’s what happens when Japanese people get ahold of a Japanese to English dictionary and dont bother to check grammar or anything. My Brother speeks it quite well and went to Japan a few months ago, he brought back these hillarious shirts and stuff that say all this stuff about quality, determination, and performance, but dont mean a thing. It’s what happens when Japanese people try to market to Amarican tourists but have no clue how our language works.
So my guess is this guy is playing with AltaVista’s Translator and that’s just kind of mutilating his question.

Does that mean he is trying to ask about…

a) How it happens?

b) How to recognize it?

c) How to combat it?

d) Other?

e) All of the above?

I can’t resist being a smartass today, so, here goes…

Existing training intensity exercise overtraining result reduction more. Training intensity exist compensation rest tired quit. Intensity volume exist GPP limit increase. Welcome you, thanks.

I think he means how down you beat CNS fatique by excessively high Intensity as opposed to common, everday overtraining by excessive volume.

[quote]vroom wrote:
Does that mean he is trying to ask about…

a) How it happens?

b) How to recognize it?

c) How to combat it?

d) Other?

e) All of the above?

I can’t resist being a smartass today, so, here goes…

Existing training intensity exercise overtraining result reduction more. Training intensity exist compensation rest tired quit. Intensity volume exist GPP limit increase. Welcome you, thanks.[/quote]

Smart ass this was. User of the sarcastic force you must be. Yoda would be proud.

http://images.t-nation.com/forum_images/./1/.1113411748208.yoda.JPG

Ready are you? What know you of ready? For eight hundred years have I trained Jedi. My own counsel will I keep on who is to be trained. A Jedi must have the deepest commitment, the most serious mind. This one a long time have I watched. All his life has he looked away… to the future, to the horizon. Never his mind on where he was. Hmm? What he was doing. Hmph. Adventure. Heh. Excitement. Heh. A Jedi craves not these things. You are reckless.

[quote]vroom wrote:

Existing training intensity exercise overtraining result reduction more. Training intensity exist compensation rest tired quit. Intensity volume exist GPP limit increase. Welcome you, thanks.[/quote]

Bwwwaaa haaaa…Friggin’ hilarious!

[quote]malonetd wrote:
Ready are you? What know you of ready? For eight hundred years have I trained Jedi. My own counsel will I keep on who is to be trained. A Jedi must have the deepest commitment, the most serious mind. This one a long time have I watched. All his life has he looked away… to the future, to the horizon. Never his mind on where he was. Hmm? What he was doing. Hmph. Adventure. Heh. Excitement. Heh. A Jedi craves not these things. You are reckless.[/quote]

O/T

This is something that always bothered me about Yoda. He lived all that time training folks, so you would think he had to speak to them. In all that, he didn’t get a decent grasp of the language and sentence structure? Oh well, artists are a breed of their own, I 'spose.

Matt

I can’t resist being a smartass today, so, here goes…

Existing training intensity exercise overtraining result reduction more. Training intensity exist compensation rest tired quit. Intensity volume exist GPP limit increase. Welcome you, thanks.[/quote]

Vroom…thanks my man…I NEEDED the chuckle!