Intense Wrist Pain

so i just got back from a pretty unsatisfying workout, because of wrist pain being a hindrance to some of my workouts
the pain started to develop from doing barbell curls,

And i think its because most of the time i did them i didnt keep my wrists bent upwards
its gradually gotten worse over time, ive fallen on my skateboard and sprained them, and the other day i was wrestling and i think that made it way worse too
the pain comes from about half of my forearm to my wrist

im definitely going to do wrist curls to strengthen them, but im not too sure what to do until then, it seems my workouts will be affected until this pain subsides
they aren’t always in pain just when i do something involving my wrist I.E. lifting
it’ll hurt for a short time after and then

it’ll be fine
would wrist wraps help?

[quote]droozie wrote:

would wrist wraps help?[/quote]

Could. They aren’t a bad investment. I bought a pair of 12" wraps from elite when I started having wrist issues while benching. As my wrists provide me with my career they are relatively important.

I learned, however, that I just had to focus more on my technique and how my wrists were working while pressing.

Try adjusting your technique with curls and strengthening your forearms. Are you doing wrist extensions? How about things like hammer curls (those make my forearms feel great)?

[quote]boyscout wrote:
droozie wrote:

would wrist wraps help?

Could. They aren’t a bad investment. I bought a pair of 12" wraps from elite when I started having wrist issues while benching. As my wrists provide me with my career they are relatively important. I learned, however, that I just had to focus more on my technique and how my wrists were working while pressing.

Try adjusting your technique with curls and strengthening your forearms. Are you doing wrist extensions? How about things like hammer curls (those make my forearms feel great)?[/quote]

yeah i’ll do hammer curls occasionally
i used to do reverse grip flat bar curls but because of my wrists i cant do them anymore
i tried to do them today as they involve less wrist movement than regular curls, but my wrists were still too messed up to try those

try reverse curls with an EZ curl bar.

I have experience falling on my skateboard so i know what you mean. Do you ever wake up with a stiff wrist in the morning?

Mine used to almost feel like it was arthritis i just stretched it out in the morning and iced it after a tuff workout other than that wraps during might help.