Intense Arm/Shoulder Itching Preventing Sleep

I am unable to identify the cause. I am using liquidex and my E2 last week was 26. It has been going on for several weeks, sleep is only possible after icing down my arms/shoulders nothing topical works. I just took a hot shower and learned that only makes it worse but apart from that it subsides during the day and seems to begin before I even lay down at night but kicks in big time and once I doze off it wakes me up as if I am on fire.

Washed everything in arm and hammer for sensitive skin detergent. I am hydrated. I cannot figure out what I am allergic to and why this is happening, nothing really new in my program or diet.

Any ideas ?

Do you come in contact with people who live in barracks, dorms, ect? If so, it could be scabies.

Scabies are more active at night.

[quote]Kaynon311 wrote:
Do you come in contact with people who live in barracks, dorms, ect? If so, it could be scabies.

Scabies are more active at night. [/quote]

Had not thought of that. I live in a new home with my daughter who attends school, but she has no complaints.

A storm ripped up roofs, downed trees etc. It pushed her huge Gorilla play area into the fence. I tried to lift and move it, my upper back felt spine compression, I used my legs to scoot it back. I then went to ER days later and got muscle relaxers, things were locked up but since calmed down.

“Brachioradial pruritus is a neurogenic itch syndrome of the upper extremities. It is typically localized to the skin on the dorsolateral forearm overlying the proximal head of the brachioradialis muscle, but involvement of the upper arms and shoulders is also common.[1, 2] It may be unilateral or bilateral. Scratching reportedly only makes the discomfort worse, and most patients discover that application of cold packs is often the only therapy that provides symptomatic relief.[3]”

During spring/summer I wore sleeveless t-shirts but have not been out recently. The sun theory for cause has flaws as does the nerve/spine theory.

I think in my case the t-shirt is coincidental and the cause is the tightness of C-5/C-6, going to continue stretching and cool it with the weights for a while.

“Neuropathic Brachioradial Pruritus Caused by Cervical Disc Herniation: The Case”

I guess my fear this was from ‘bad’ liqidex or allergic reaction to sesame oil are not confirmed as nobody here recognizes these symptoms. I think low E2 can make skin itchy, at least for women.

So I will assume it is not related to hormones and maybe do some hot-yoga. 110 degree stretching for 90 minutes. OTOH heat makes it worse, warm up with cardio and stretch long multiple times per day.

@Lifter63 i know this is really old but did you ever figure out what it was???

Yes, I did identify the cause I was taking a supplement which made my skin hyper sensitive to sunlight, just 10 minutes in sun talking with neighbor would cause this. I cannot recall what it was but will look at my vast supplement supply and see if I can recall what it was.