Int Shipping Ideas

First off, If this is already being used, just say the word and I’ll get the thread deleted so it doesn’t get spread around too much.

Ok, now here it is. I was thinking why can’t vials be shipped in other bottles to pass customs? I was thinking for example a vitamin C bottle. Pack cotton around the vial, then stick the seal over the top. The bottle is dark brown so you can’t see into it.

I’m no customs expert but i can’t imagine that they would break the seal of the bottle to see whats inside. Then just make up some BS label to make the vit-C look legit.

This would obviously add a little cost to the shipping but I think it would be well worth it.

Any thoughts?

one word:

X-Ray

hey P22, good to hear from you.
Good point, I didn’t think of that.
Like i said, I don’t know a lot about how customs does things, but I can’t imagine they would x-ray everything.

It’s not a bulletproof idea i know, I just thought it might reduce the risk of losing a shipment.

It worked for me once, but it has to look very professional!

You cannot get away with something amateurish printed on an inkjet printer, for example. It has to look like a proper pharmaceutical product with brand name, active ingredients, instructions for use, etc.

Customs X-raying everything depends on which country/location you’re in.

Where I am, they X-Ray 100% of everything coming in and also have sniffer dogs running up and down the lines.

[quote]bushidobadboy wrote:
I suspect that the foil lining of the stealth sachets is what has given them away to certain customs forces areound the world.

Even a thin piece of foil will appear slightly more opaque than the surrounding areas on an x-ray.

Bushy[/quote]

But these stealth sachets are labeled as legitimate products, so customs couldn’t exactly seize them, no?

[quote]bushidobadboy wrote:
Schwarzenegger wrote:
bushidobadboy wrote:
I suspect that the foil lining of the stealth sachets is what has given them away to certain customs forces areound the world.

Even a thin piece of foil will appear slightly more opaque than the surrounding areas on an x-ray.

Bushy

But these stealth sachets are labeled as legitimate products, so customs couldn’t exactly seize them, no?

I see what you mean, but wouldn’t several radiopaque squares inside a slim envelope draw attention, no matter what legitimate product they were labelled as? Besides, what exactly do AS put on the customs form?

Bushy[/quote]

They are usually sold as aromatherapy or massage oils, with codes on the sachets to determine contents and expiration. Even if they were opened I’d imagine most would just seal them up again. Plus they’re mailed in padded envelopes.