T Nation

Insulin w/ Intermittent Fasting

I know your intentions are well my man, but not taking the time to explain it doesn’t come off as helping. It makes one think you don’t know what your talking about (not saying you don’t) or are wrong (in regards to the getting fat claim you made earlier). If you find the time to share, I’d like to understand why I would get fat using slin while doing IF.

If you actually read my posts I stated (in the second post) “Just to follow up with more research, its seems like although I’d be having enough carbs, such a large dosage would not be well played.” To elaborate on this in case you didn’t understand what it means, before you even posted, I continued to do more research and confirmed that just because I’m eating 300g’s of carbs, doesn’t mean I can apply the 1iu per 10g’s of carbs rule and pin 30ius at the start of my feeding period. Research on forums seemed to show that one eventually reaches a maximum dosage to where the body just cant handle more ius in a single dosage (no matter how many carbs you eat either low or high GI). So once I realized that the thought of pinning 30iu was ridiculous, I shared it via that post.

No ones “doing this” to themselves bro. I was simply “curious to see what the most effective/safest way is to incorporate it into my current routine”, so I shared my diet/eating/training schedule and asked “how should the slin usage be distributed” as I wondered if applying the 1iu:10g carbs ratio for a total of 30iu would work, which once again I realized as ridiculous and made it clear.

[quote]vette6 wrote:

I know your intentions are well my man, but not taking the time to explain it doesn’t come off as helping. It makes one think you don’t know what your talking about (not saying you don’t) or are wrong (in regards to the getting fat claim you made earlier). If you find the time to share, I’d like to understand why I would get fat using slin while doing IF.

If you actually read my posts I stated (in the second post) “Just to follow up with more research, its seems like although I’d be having enough carbs, such a large dosage would not be well played.” To elaborate on this in case you didn’t understand what it means, before you even posted, I continued to do more research and confirmed that just because I’m eating 300g’s of carbs, doesn’t mean I can apply the 1iu per 10g’s of carbs rule and pin 30ius at the start of my feeding period. Research on forums seemed to show that one eventually reaches a maximum dosage to where the body just cant handle more ius in a single dosage (no matter how many carbs you eat either low or high GI). So once I realized that the thought of pinning 30iu was ridiculous, I shared it via that post.

No ones “doing this” to themselves bro. I was simply “curious to see what the most effective/safest way is to incorporate it into my current routine”, so I shared my diet/eating/training schedule and asked “how should the slin usage be distributed” as I wondered if applying the 1iu:10g carbs ratio for a total of 30iu would work, which once again I realized as ridiculous and made it clear.[/quote]

look up Mike arnold’s insulin protocol. it’s very safe and very effective. good luck bro

[quote]Mr. Walkway wrote:

if you try to stay out of hypo with oatmeal and/or sweet potatoes… then i hope you and god are tight. at least your death will be quick… going hypo isnt actually that bad… u kinda just…[/quote]

Are you aware that diabetics use low GI carbs and insulin on a daily basis to manage their blood glucose levels in a safe and effective way…? The info on it and why they use low GI carbs is far too abundant for me to take the time to explain…

Thanks man, I’ll look into it. As I adapt to using slin PWO, I think I’ll be more ready to run it PreWO like you had mentioned earlier. Of course I’d need to switch from my Humulin-r to Humulog too. I’m a little hesitant to go with it now since as you can see, I’m still learning how my body responds in a sedimentary environment, let alone while doing squats and deads lol

Damn Walkway!

What kinda results have you been getting? Is it Mike Arnold’s protocol you’re following?

[quote]vette6 wrote:

[quote]Mr. Walkway wrote:

if you try to stay out of hypo with oatmeal and/or sweet potatoes… then i hope you and god are tight. at least your death will be quick… going hypo isnt actually that bad… u kinda just…[/quote]

Are you aware that diabetics use low GI carbs and insulin on a daily basis to manage their blood glucose levels in a safe and effective way…? The info on it and why they use low GI carbs is far too abundant for me to take the time to explain…[/quote]

yeah but they tend to opt for basal insulins and don’t go shooting giant gobs of it at once… unless they are REALLY…REALLY fucking diabetic

[quote]rds63799 wrote:
Damn Walkway!

What kinda results have you been getting? Is it Mike Arnold’s protocol you’re following?[/quote]

yes, it was intense… insane pumps, crazy recovery time (between sets and workouts), insane endurance. because of my peri-workout nutrition i was able to train for at least 2 hours 5 days a week and not overtrain.

it was incredible. cant wait to run it again

i also put on a good bit of size as well. google “intelligent insulin use” and you will find a link to Waylander’s experience with mike arnold’s protocol

that’s cool, I’m pretty jealous.

I’ve read Mike Arnold’s protocol and Waylander’s thread, that’s what’s got me interested. For a guy who was already Way’s size to pack on the beef like that is astounding. And the fact that it is just so cheap!

Honestly, the only thing that stops me using it myself is I can’t tolerate protein shakes, so I’m not sure how I’d set up my nutrition. Once I get that figured out I’m definitely going to run a month of slin.

[quote]rds63799 wrote:
that’s cool, I’m pretty jealous.

I’ve read Mike Arnold’s protocol and Waylander’s thread, that’s what’s got me interested. For a guy who was already Way’s size to pack on the beef like that is astounding. And the fact that it is just so cheap!

Honestly, the only thing that stops me using it myself is I can’t tolerate protein shakes, so I’m not sure how I’d set up my nutrition. Once I get that figured out I’m definitely going to run a month of slin.[/quote]

a bodybuilding enthusiast who cant tolerate whey shakes? damn that sucks

id go for EAA’s then… MUCH easier on your stomach

[quote]Mr. Walkway wrote:

[quote]rds63799 wrote:
that’s cool, I’m pretty jealous.

I’ve read Mike Arnold’s protocol and Waylander’s thread, that’s what’s got me interested. For a guy who was already Way’s size to pack on the beef like that is astounding. And the fact that it is just so cheap!

Honestly, the only thing that stops me using it myself is I can’t tolerate protein shakes, so I’m not sure how I’d set up my nutrition. Once I get that figured out I’m definitely going to run a month of slin.[/quote]

a bodybuilding enthusiast who cant tolerate whey shakes? damn that sucks

id go for EAA’s then… MUCH easier on your stomach[/quote]

tell me about it. If I drink a shake then the end result is unpleasant… and, well, explosive…

yeah I use BCAAs instead and they’re fine. BCAAs pre-workout and solid food after works fine for me.

You think you could run Mike Arnold’s protocol but just sub out the whey for EAAs/BCAAs?

[quote]rds63799 wrote:

[quote]Mr. Walkway wrote:

[quote]rds63799 wrote:
that’s cool, I’m pretty jealous.

I’ve read Mike Arnold’s protocol and Waylander’s thread, that’s what’s got me interested. For a guy who was already Way’s size to pack on the beef like that is astounding. And the fact that it is just so cheap!

Honestly, the only thing that stops me using it myself is I can’t tolerate protein shakes, so I’m not sure how I’d set up my nutrition. Once I get that figured out I’m definitely going to run a month of slin.[/quote]

a bodybuilding enthusiast who cant tolerate whey shakes? damn that sucks

id go for EAA’s then… MUCH easier on your stomach[/quote]

tell me about it. If I drink a shake then the end result is unpleasant… and, well, explosive…

yeah I use BCAAs instead and they’re fine. BCAAs pre-workout and solid food after works fine for me.

You think you could run Mike Arnold’s protocol but just sub out the whey for EAAs/BCAAs?[/quote]

i would only use EAAs, but yes absolutely.

the necessary things for his protcol besides the slin and EAAs imo are:

-beta alanine
-glutamine (itll help keep you out of hypo)
-leucine (itll be in the EAAs so no worries)
-glycerol monosterate (helps a lot with pumps = drawing blood and therefore nutrients into your muscles)
-creatine mono
-potassium (insulin can fuck you up if ur not getting ur potassium)
-taurine (helps BP and avoiding cramps)

i also put some sea salt in my shakes

awesome, thanks for the help

So after a break from the slin (since I last posted), I’ve been running the mike arnold protocol. Its actually a very watered down version of it, using just protein and element (same as vitagro). I was planning to add the rest of the supplements as I progressed. Now I’m not even sure if I’m going to keep with the slin. Here’s my schedule:

5:00pm - pin 10iu of Humulin-R
5:30pm - drink 25g pro/69g carb shake
6:00pm - train
6:30-45pm - start sipping on 2nd shake (same macros) during my session, finishing the shake towards the end.

Towards the end of my w/o, my body turns on the hypo switch and I start feeling funky. Instead of having my 3rd and final shake (same macros) at around 8-8:30pm (~1.5hr from my 2nd shake), I have it as I’m walking to my car. During my ride I still feel hypo. What the heck is going on?! I’m so bummed because the pumps and endurance are so awesome, but the hypo keeps effecting the quality of my workouts :confused:

[quote]vette6 wrote:
So after a break from the slin (since I last posted), I’ve been running the mike arnold protocol. Its actually a very watered down version of it, using just protein and element (same as vitagro). I was planning to add the rest of the supplements as I progressed. Now I’m not even sure if I’m going to keep with the slin. Here’s my schedule:

5:00pm - pin 10iu of Humulin-R
5:30pm - drink 25g pro/69g carb shake
6:00pm - train
6:30-45pm - start sipping on 2nd shake (same macros) during my session, finishing the shake towards the end.

Towards the end of my w/o, my body turns on the hypo switch and I start feeling funky. Instead of having my 3rd and final shake (same macros) at around 8-8:30pm (~1.5hr from my 2nd shake), I have it as I’m walking to my car. During my ride I still feel hypo. What the heck is going on?! I’m so bummed because the pumps and endurance are so awesome, but the hypo keeps effecting the quality of my workouts :/[/quote]

just gotta keep making tweaks until u get it right… whenever i felt hypo during my workouts (very rare) id pop a dextrose pill

Will do. Any thoughts on the first changes to make Walkway? Timing of the shakes? Less slin? More carbs (4th shake perhaps)?

[quote]vette6 wrote:
Will do. Any thoughts on the first changes to make Walkway? Timing of the shakes? Less slin? More carbs (4th shake perhaps)?[/quote]

idk man… that’s a lot of carbs for that much insulin… u must be REALLY fucking sensitive

but the fact that you are going hypo does mean that you need more carbs yes… hydrolized proteins will also get you out of hypo

[quote]Mr. Walkway wrote:

[quote]vette6 wrote:
Will do. Any thoughts on the first changes to make Walkway? Timing of the shakes? Less slin? More carbs (4th shake perhaps)?[/quote]

idk man… that’s a lot of carbs for that much insulin… u must be REALLY fucking sensitive

but the fact that you are going hypo does mean that you need more carbs yes… hydrolized proteins will also get you out of hypo[/quote]

I know right? Its something like 20g of carbs per iu of slin. Although I’ve been IF’ing during the weekdays, just by judging from where my body composition likes to be at and how I deposit fat (FWIW), I’ve always thought I was more insulin insensitive.

Regardless, I had quite a scare today and its getting annoying so I need to figure this out or just drop it from the list which would be a shame lol

This is incorrect and idiotic circular logic.

Ah, I see your internet is working again, this time to bump a 4 year old thread.

Did you take that selfie yet?

1 Like