Insulin Use as a Type 1 Diabetic

Ok so i am a type 1 diabetic and understand nutrition pretty well. I workout moderately but want to start going much more avidly and start taking my nutrition and supplementation seriously. However as i read these articles about people eating at certain times and using their insulin to help boost them, the more i thought maybe im at a advantage because i control my insulin.

Now from what i know about the insulin i use, it takes 15 minutes to start working in my body and about 1 and 1/2 later its at the peak. Now i have used my insulin before to boost my pre workout. I will make my preworkout and add natural sugar to it and dose for that 15 minutes before i drink the pre workout and then drink the preworkout 15-20 minutes before i workout. Ive done it with and without insulin and i can feel a definite difference.

Reading all these articles has given me great ideas however its different when your body naturally produces this anabolic drug instead of manually dosing it 24/7.

So here is my question:

How can i use the fact i can control my insulin to my advantage?

NOTE: I obviously know that this can be harmful if used in the wrong way. I think about it all the time that the drug i use to keep me alive can also kill me in a flash. So please what i want is information from everyone so that i can approach this in a smart and safe manner.