Insulin Syringe Question

So, I stop by my local CVS to pick up some insulin syringes since I got my HCG prescription in. First, I was told that I had to have a prescription with the pharmacy to buy syringes or provide proof of a valid injectable prescription.

First time I’d heard that one. Asked to speak with a pharmacist who told me it was because if she sold syringes to someone who would use them for illegal drug use, she could be arrested for “sale of drug paraphernalia.” Whatever…

Stopped at the next local pharmacy and was given a pack of 10 insulin syringes. 30g, 0.5ml with 1/2" needle.

I saw in the sticky that a .05ml syringe is the way to go, and I get that the difference between 29g, 30g and 31g is not note worthy, but what about needle length? Is 1/2" standard.

I ask because I decided that I don’t want to be looked at like a heroin user again and will just order some online. I went to amazon and typed in “insulin syringe” and to my amazement, came to the conclusion that there are exactly 8 billion and 2 different types of syringes with varying needle lengths…

Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

#29 1/2" 0.5ml will work for hCG and also can be used to inject T, slow to load, injects OK
#31 5/16" work well for hCG, GH

California?

[quote]Maneframe150 wrote:
So, I stop by my local CVS to pick up some insulin syringes since I got my HCG prescription in. First, I was told that I had to have a prescription with the pharmacy to buy syringes or provide proof of a valid injectable prescription.

First time I’d heard that one. Asked to speak with a pharmacist who told me it was because if she sold syringes to someone who would use them for illegal drug use, she could be arrested for “sale of drug paraphernalia.” Whatever…

Stopped at the next local pharmacy and was given a pack of 10 insulin syringes. 30g, 0.5ml with 1/2" needle.

I saw in the sticky that a .05ml syringe is the way to go, and I get that the difference between 29g, 30g and 31g is not note worthy, but what about needle length? Is 1/2" standard.

I ask because I decided that I don’t want to be looked at like a heroin user again and will just order some online. I went to amazon and typed in “insulin syringe” and to my amazement, came to the conclusion that there are exactly 8 billion and 2 different types of syringes with varying needle lengths…

Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks![/quote]

Here you go buddy:

https://www.firstoptionmedical.com/kendall-magellan-tuberculin-safety-syringe-.5-ml-29-gauge-1-2-inch-each/ecomm-product-detail/186971/

If the link is removed, google: first option medical Kendall Magellan Tuberculin Safety Syringe .5 mL 29 Gauge 1/2 Inch - Each

First link below (not the images).

[quote]KSman wrote:
#29 1/2" 0.5ml will work for hCG and also can be used to inject T, slow to load, injects OK
#31 5/16" work well for hCG, GH

California?[/quote]

Nope. Louisiana. Heroin epidemic around here.