T Nation

Insulin, Orlistat Stacked Safe?

blocking the absoption of fat using orlistat. is it safe or insane can anyone give some advice?

Orlistat is a drug used to treat obesity, because (as you pointed out) it blocks the absorption of dietary fat.

A much better and simpler option is just not to each so much fat/food, which would do the exact same thing

No idea about using Insulin at the same time though

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

[quote]bushidobadboy wrote:
Dude, the idea behind using insulin, is to keep your intake of fat as low as possible, whilst the insulin is active. So you can see that the intake of orlistat at the same time would be (or should be) completely pointless.

Taking it at other times might seem like a good idea, but remember that your body NEEDS fat and that to burn stored fat, your body needs to recognise a steady intake of this precious macronutrient, or it won’t let what it currently has, go.

i.e. too little fat intake results in fat gain, sometimes.

BBB[/quote]

i have been on for four weeks and loving the gains 2 lbs every 4 days my diet has been quite similar to the way i eat without MAX i take in 50 grams of fat…

i have no problem staying between 8 to 10 % body fat but since ive been on its like 12 to 14 i just want to get to 230 without going over 15 the orlistat idea was just some crazy thing id like to see you guys go crazy over.

[quote]lovescake1981 wrote:
bushidobadboy wrote:
Dude, the idea behind using insulin, is to keep your intake of fat as low as possible, whilst the insulin is active. So you can see that the intake of orlistat at the same time would be (or should be) completely pointless.

Taking it at other times might seem like a good idea, but remember that your body NEEDS fat and that to burn stored fat, your body needs to recognise a steady intake of this precious macronutrient, or it won’t let what it currently has, go.

BBB

i have been on for four weeks and loving the gains 2 lbs every 4 days my diet has been quite similar to the way i eat without MAX i take in 50 grams of fat… i have no problem staying between 8 to 10 % body fat but since ive been on its like 12 to 14 i just want to get to 230 without going over 15 the orlistat idea was just some crazy thing id like to see you guys go crazy over.[/quote]

I don’t post here often, and I’m not nearly as qualified as BBB, but I would think it would be obvious that if you’re on insulin and eating excess carbs, some of those carbs are going to be stored as fat. That’s basically how the average Westerner gets fat.

Please correct me if I’m wrong.

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

Has anyone with diabetes had any sucess with orlistat because on the label of Alli it doesnt say they can’t take it but would you have to take a higher dosage to keep the excess of carbs from storing as fat

[quote]lovescake1981 wrote:
bushidobadboy wrote:

BBB

i have been on for four weeks and loving the gains 2 lbs every 4 days my diet has been quite similar to the way i eat without MAX i take in 50 grams of fat…

i have no problem staying between 8 to 10 % body fat but since ive been on its like 12 to 14 i just want to get to 230 without going over 15 the orlistat idea was just some crazy thing id like to see you guys go crazy over.[/quote]

So… sparky.

You have no problem staying at 8-10% usually.
You used slin for 4 weeks with 50g fat.
You are now 4 weeks later, with 12-14%.

An increase of 1%body fat a week and you think you have gained ANYTHING other than water and fat?

GOOD WORK there punchy! Why dont we all just ask you questions and get hyooge? (By huge i mean stupid, fat and diabetic)

Brook

Same idiot that thinks once you can do 50 pullups, behind the neck pullups are ok.

[quote] Brook wrote:
lovescake1981 wrote:
bushidobadboy wrote:

BBB

i have no problem staying between 8 to 10 % body fat but since ive been on its like 12 to 14 i just want to get to 230 without going over 15 the orlistat idea was just some crazy thing id like to see you guys go crazy over.

So… sparky.

You have no problem staying at 8-10% usually.
You used slin for 4 weeks with 50g fat.
You are now 4 weeks later, with 12-14%.

An increase of 1%body fat a week and you think you have gained ANYTHING other than water and fat?

GOOD WORK there punchy! Why dont we all just ask you questions and get hyooge? (By huge i mean stupid, fat and diabetic)

Brook[/quote]

six years you look like that maybe you have all the answers to a good fondation you people are sad if i looked like you i would stay the fuck away from slin too. nice pic of someone else’s leg punchy.

[quote]bushidobadboy wrote:

BBB[/quote]

your probally right i was first thinking of going to split sessions with cardio in the morning limiting the fat intake to 50 gram a day probally didnt help so first i will do cardio then see how it goes if im not happy i will start with a bit more efa’s

While i appreciate your candid opinion - it means very little to me.

What should mean something to you isnt my opinion, which obviously hurt your little feelings, but the fact that all you have gained from the slin was fat.

And it is a good pic isnt it? Prolly the best quality leg i have seen…

I have lived in MA. Maybe we could go for a workout next time i am back sparky… i am sure you could teach me where i went wrong in the 70lbs i have gained in those 6 years… only one of which was seriously using gear…

Thankyou for your retort, it really made me think… :wink: lmao!

Brook