Insufficent Gains

I’m 15 and I’ve been lifting for 2 years nowever since the start of high school. I train specifically for strength/power since I play football. I lift an hour in the morning M, W, F with football an hour plus after school every day and whatever I can fit in a 40 minute weights class on M, W, F. Yet with all of this effort my lifts only comeout to:

Bench-230
squat-265
HPC-160
deadlift-275

That is a lot better than whenI started but its still not closee to what I want. I know that my progress is hintered because I need to keep my body fat down and keep in cardiovascular condition for football, but still is there anything I can do to make those numbers go up

I think the problem is your diet. You may not be eating enough according to what you have stated. At 15, you really shouldn’t worry about BF %. So eating more would make your numbers increase. How much more is unclear. Maybe provide a little insight into what your diet is like.

eat

no, seriously eat. Your squat and especially deadlift are REALLY low for 2 years. You need to find a structured plan.

I suggest:

Also, with that much activity, your body needs A LOT of fuel.

I don’t have a specific diet. I don’t eat a whole lot of crap. I snack on a lot of apples and grapes. I down a ton of cereal with skim milk, a box a day on most days. For dinner I eat whatever my mom makes which is healthy 9/10 days but I admit isn’t specific for gaining muscle. I take a vitamin every morning. lunch is 2 apples, 2carrots, and2 sandwiches that are some type of meat no cheese or anything else.

EAAAAAAAAAAAAT MORE

[quote]Vnation wrote:
I don’t have a specific diet. I don’t eat a whole lot of crap. I snack on a lot of apples and grapes. I down a ton of cereal with skim milk, a box a day on most days. For dinner I eat whatever my mom makes which is healthy 9/10 days but I admit isn’t specific for gaining muscle. I take a vitamin every morning. lunch is 2 apples, 2carrots, and2 sandwiches that are some type of meat no cheese or anything else.[/quote]

Seems like you need to up your protein … by a lot.

whadya recommend?

Animals eat them lots of them, you can even cook them if you want, throw in some eggs and whole milk.

would chicken be better than beef and pork?

oh, yea i’m 5’10" 165 if that helps anybody

steak, chicken, beef, turkey, tuna, salmon, eggs, whole milk, natural peanut butter are some of the best

Also,what if I ate a ton but did the cardio to keep fat off, would that help me any or just put me back at square 1

At 5’10" and 165, you don’t need to do cardio to avoid getting fat. I’m sure you’re far from it. If what you say is true, you are very active. Active enough that you would not need to do cardio.