T Nation

Instinctive Training - Full Body Everyday

• I think about it like this. 1. Obviously your body works as a unit. 2. People work construction, masonry, tree logging, you name it, it all involves the use of your whole body. Im thinking about training my whole body 5 times a week.

Lets say on Tuesday if I feel I need more back development ill add in some deadlifts or bent over rows, even if I trained them the day before but didn’t fully stimulate the muscles. If I feel on Thursday I need more bicep training ill add in some curls or what ever exercises I choose.

• I have in the past trained fullbody 4 times a week and worked great, I just got burned out quickly because I got cocky and went heavy almost everyday. I have worked construction and trained 5 days in a row, I was in the best shape of my life.

So why are people so bent on training to little. I fully believe in stimulating the muscle and not fully obliterating it like most people do on modern splits. The only downside I really see is not having a set routine to follow that makes it a bit easier in the long run.

(Keep in mind this is already with proper diet and proper sleep habits)

Opinions and ideas are welcomed…

Can I see a picture of your physique to see how great it worked?

Conventional hard labour does not create a bodybuilder’s physique.

Bodybuilder training creates a bodybuilder’s physique. We’ve transcended beyond what traditional hardwork can create, no human being can become a mass monster through chopping logs so to base one’s training method off the traditional thought that “muscles are an adaptation to tough conditions” will only yield sub-optimal results if that idea of “hardwork” is basic labour.

Just out of curiosity, stats?

[quote]PowerliftingBBer wrote:

• I think about it like this. 1. Obviously your body works as a unit. 2. People work construction, masonry, tree logging, you name it, it all involves the use of your whole body. Im thinking about training my whole body 5 times a week. Lets say on Tuesday if I feel I need more back development ill add in some deadlifts or bent over rows, even if I trained them the day before but didn’t fully stimulate the muscles. If I feel on Thursday I need more bicep training ill add in some curls or what ever exercises I choose.
  • I have in the past trained fullbody 4 times a week and worked great, I just got burned out quickly because I got cocky and went heavy almost everyday. I have worked construction and trained 5 days in a row, I was in the best shape of my life. So why are people so bent on training to little. I fully believe in stimulating the muscle and not fully obliterating it like most people do on modern splits. The only downside I really see is not having a set routine to follow that makes it a bit easier in the long run.

Opinions and ideas are welcomed[/quote]

This is one of the worst trolljobs ive ever seen. but if in all seriousness your looking to do something like this i would look up crossfit or gpp type routines and get off the bodybuilding forum.

sounds as strange as that 200 pullups a day routine steel12 had…whatever happened to that guy

WoW talk about getting flamed lol First off im not a troll, second off this is a serious post, and 2rd off, thanks for the opinions, haha

Nothing wrong with full-body routines, but doing that 5 times a week will overtrain the fuck out of you.

No, I am actually curious to see how it has worked for you. If you could post your stats and some pics of your physique maybe we can gauge its effectiveness.

[quote]jb99 wrote:
No, I am actually curious to see how it has worked for you. If you could post your stats and some pics of your physique maybe we can gauge its effectiveness. [/quote]

I never did it yet, I was just looking for peoples opinions. when I was doing construction I was hitting one muscle group per day. Plus for this routine its not like im going 5x5 everyday, its more like 1 set one day maybe 2 the next and so fourth.

I just keep a log(like 6 different pages) of different exercises for different muscle groups/movements, and I record my PRs in the box associated to that exercise.
Sometimes I’m not feeling front squats, so I’ll do back squats, chin-ups feel like shit, i’ll do inverted rows, and just try to PR in some way(weight/reps/both/other) every workout.

If I’m not feeling particularly well on a certain day, just super worn out from work, I won’t go for PR’s that day, but still get some stimulation.

…I have in the past trained fullbody 4 times a week and worked great…[/quote]

[quote]jb99 wrote:
…If you could post your stats and some pics of your physique maybe we can gauge its effectiveness. [/quote]

I never did it yet…

[/quote]

[quote]Eric 2.0 wrote:

[quote]jb99 wrote:
…If you could post your stats and some pics of your physique maybe we can gauge its effectiveness. [/quote]

I never did it yet…[/quote]
[/quote]
Trained 4x a week fullbody in the past…but I never did what I posted in this thread yet.

http://img687.imageshack.us/img687/4007/meforearm.jpg

I was bigger when I was doing the routine bc I was working a job where I sat down all day now that im active I lost a bit of weight

I’d say just stick with a split

[quote]MattyG35 wrote:
I just keep a log(like 6 different pages) of different exercises for different muscle groups/movements, and I record my PRs in the box associated to that exercise.
Sometimes I’m not feeling front squats, so I’ll do back squats, chin-ups feel like shit, i’ll do inverted rows, and just try to PR in some way(weight/reps/both/other) every workout.

If I’m not feeling particularly well on a certain day, just super worn out from work, I won’t go for PR’s that day, but still get some stimulation.[/quote]
Thats how it usually works with me too.

lol @ this

[quote]Eric 2.0 wrote:

[quote]jb99 wrote:

I never did it yet…[/quote]
[/quote]
Trained 4x a week fullbody in the past…but I never did what I posted in this thread yet.

http://img687.imageshack.us/img687/4007/meforearm.jpg

I was bigger when I was doing the routine bc I was working a job where I sat down all day now that im active I lost a bit of weight[/quote]

LOL

LOL!!!

X gone give it to ya.

Instinctive training? If pooping was as instinctive as your training you would be much bigger.

• I think about it like this. 1. Obviously your body works as a unit. 2. People work construction, masonry, tree logging, you name it, it all involves the use of your whole body. Im thinking about training my whole body 5 times a week.

Lets say on Tuesday if I feel I need more back development ill add in some deadlifts or bent over rows, even if I trained them the day before but didn’t fully stimulate the muscles. If I feel on Thursday I need more bicep training ill add in some curls or what ever exercises I choose.

• I have in the past trained fullbody 4 times a week and worked great, I just got burned out quickly because I got cocky and went heavy almost everyday. I have worked construction and trained 5 days in a row, I was in the best shape of my life.

So why are people so bent on training to little. I fully believe in stimulating the muscle and not fully obliterating it like most people do on modern splits. The only downside I really see is not having a set routine to follow that makes it a bit easier in the long run.

Opinions and ideas are welcomed…[/quote]

Joel Marion has a program that has you doing full body 5 times a week. CT says he likes that program. Try it out. I say it’s too fucking much, but what the hell, don’t take my word for it, do it and see for yourself (or not).

Oh and your picture doesn’t tell much, except that you may be Screech from “Saved by the bell”.