Instant Lipton Green Tea

Hey All,

Since I’ve finally decided that all the mountain dew in my diet isn’t doing me any good, I’m trying to incorporate more green tea instead. I realize that regular hot brewed is the best, but Lipton makes an instant green tea in the little single servings like crystal light does, sweetened a bit with Splenda. I don’t have any of the stats, I just saw it at a friends place yesterday. Do you all think the “instant” nature of it would take too much away or would it be a good stand-in for the hot brewed??

I don’t know about the quality of instant tea. I know that instant regular tea tastes like crap, so I can’t imagine what instant green tea would taste like. I do know that there’s a brand called Celestial Seasonings that makes a very wide variety of bagged green teas. If you’re worried about the taste they offer their teas with a variety of different sweetenings such as honey.

Nah, it’s not the taste that I’m concerned with. It’s just a pain in the ass to get bagged tea ready while I’m at work. I’m just wondering if it’s an acceptable alternative.

It should be. I forgot if it was JB or LL or someone else that wrote that Lipton Green Tea has more of the beneficial stuff. I’m sure that the prepared stuff is made with the same type of green tea (although you could probably check the label).

Let us know how it tastes if you try it.

Will do, I plan to pick some up tomorrow, just wondered if anyone thought powderizing the shit out of it would make it any less effective, or if cold brewing would do the same.

I’ll let you all know. It’ll definitely make getting more of the green stuff in my diet easier.

I have some of the Mandarin & Mango flavored green tea to go. It taste pretty good. I’ve never tasted green tea before, so I have nothing to compare to.

The ingredients per label are:Instant green tea, Maltodextrin, Citric Acid(Provides Tartness), Sucralose(Splenda Brand), Natural Flavors (Contains Soy Lecithin), Acesulfame Potassium (Sweetener), Silicon Dioxide (prevents Caking), Yellow 6.