Instant Coffee and Fat Loss

I know that caffeine’s place in our supplement regime is still hotly debated.

My question is, does 1 tbsp of instant coffee 3-4 days per week have a significantly adverse effect on the body. It seems moderate to me but that’s compared to my “coffee-junky” colleagues.

The reason I ask is that one scoop w/ 3 ice cubes and 2 scoops of Grow! is awesome pre-workout or for anytime early enough in the day. I don’t use it as a crutch, just for flavor, variety and a boost here and there.

caffeine is one of the most addictive drugs on the market…takes ur body about 8hrs to rid its self of it,so taking it in the morn as u do is very wise(for those who take it b4 arvo workout,have u wonderd why u dont sleep too well?) i think ur doing ok if u control it and dont rely on it 4a confidence boost…

I take it before a workout and sleep just fine. Thanks.

I didn’t know caffeine use was hotly debated. I’ll have a cup of coffee in the am and 1 or 2 cups of green tea from 10-11 am for tough workouts.

I do try to go cold turkey on non workout days though, just for the heck of it. Keeps the effects nice and strong!?

Yeah, there was a round table about it here on T-mag.

Coffee is like anything else - used in moderation, it’s fine. When you start having 8 cups a day, you’re looking for trouble.

Coffee is interesting and debated because it has both good and bad features. Good features include revving up the CNS for workouts, bad include the fact that it is catabolic by nature (I remember reading this somewhere, so take it with a pinch of salt) and a diuretic.

I have two cups a day - one in the morning with breakfast and one before I work out.

You’re avatar is totally sweet. Is that you?