T Nation

Inspiring Old People with my Deadlift Video

56 years old, 215 pounds body weight.

Last Tuesday.

520 deadlift triple.

To music.

Thanks.

Impressive. Really liked the deliberate reset.

dan

awesome! looked so easy, well done

Thanks you guys.

Awesome

Nice work. I checked your log and saw some good programming. Keep it up!

[quote]Derek542 wrote:
Awesome[/quote]

Thanks!!!

[quote]Oldman Powers wrote:
Nice work. I checked your log and saw some good programming. Keep it up![/quote]

Thanks, and thanks for visiting the log. Since I only lift twice a week most of what posts is crazy stuff. I’m impressed that you could find my training in all of the noise.

Very Impressive…

emskee,

Get some weight on that bar! Going for 3 and you had 3 more in ya!

[quote]doublelung84 wrote:
emskee,

Get some weight on that bar! Going for 3 and you had 3 more in ya![/quote]

(I was spec’ed for a double in my grand training plan, so 3 was cool.)

Thanks.

Next session I am going for a single or double at 540.

Two weeks later, depending on how that went, I will test a max which I hope to be no less than 560.

Best laid plans and all that…

[quote]MattyXL wrote:
Very Impressive…[/quote]

Thanks.

[quote]emskee wrote:

[quote]doublelung84 wrote:
emskee,

Get some weight on that bar! Going for 3 and you had 3 more in ya![/quote]

(I was spec’ed for a double in my grand training plan, so 3 was cool.)

Thanks.

Next session I am going for a single or double at 540.

Two weeks later, depending on how that went, I will test a max which I hope to be no less than 560.

Best laid plans and all that…[/quote]

Some basic PL math; triple is 90% of your max. 520x1.1= 572 lbs. and that’s assuming they are hard, which yours were not! You’re going to be nippin at the heels of 600 real damn soon!

[quote]doublelung84 wrote:

[quote]emskee wrote:

[quote]doublelung84 wrote:
emskee,

Get some weight on that bar! Going for 3 and you had 3 more in ya![/quote]

(I was spec’ed for a double in my grand training plan, so 3 was cool.)

Thanks.

Next session I am going for a single or double at 540.

Two weeks later, depending on how that went, I will test a max which I hope to be no less than 560.

Best laid plans and all that…[/quote]

Some basic PL math; triple is 90% of your max. 520x1.1= 572 lbs. and that’s assuming they are hard, which yours were not! You’re going to be nippin at the heels of 600 real damn soon!
[/quote]

Yeah, my figure is the projected single = weight lifted + ([0.03 x weight lifted] x reps).

I figured 4 solid reps were possible, a fifth really ugly one is possible but would not count.

So I calculated a 580 - 584 pull.

I don’t believe this so I figured no less than 560 depending on how I feel.

We’ll see.

I like your idea better. :slight_smile: