Inspiration needed

Hello everybody,

I’m feeling a little lackluster these days and I’m looking for some inspiration.

What are you all reading these days on the subjects of spirituality, religion, psychology, and personal growth?

Thanks for your help.

Shut the Fuck Up, by Dennis Leary. Seriously though, go to a playground and watch some kids have fun. Then thank God that you have the ability to train. Then just do it.

MD,

1. Siddhartha by Herman Hesse, I know its very basic philosophy stuff, but a perusal usually helps me.

2. Steven Coveys 7 Habits of Highly Effective People.

3. Sharpen the saw baby, sharpen the saw…

4. Deep Thoughts by Jack Handy, a Sample, if you will…

“It takes a big man to cry, but it takes a bigger man to laugh at that man.”

B.

“The Four Agreements” by don Miguel Ruiz. A little book, but very thought provoking.

“The Power of Your Subconscious Mind” by Joseph Murphy.

Powerful stuff.

“The Greatest Salesman in the World” by Og Mandino. I’m on the third scroll.

anything by Ken Wilber, but The Marriage of Sense and Soul might be a good introduction to his thinking and work

might also look at anything on Psychosynthesis (an element of which is subpersonality theory–major food for thought)

both are much more in the realm of psychology, but with a recognition and valuing of soul

a current movie that might fill this need is Whale Rider, one of the most spiritually uplifting movies I’ve seen

–Bill

When all else fails, fall back to the tried, tested, and true…

US Marine Corps Cadence:

(Thump thump thump thump thump…)
If you waaaaaaaaant it, you gotta work for it!
You gotta sweat for it!
It ain`t easy!

No shit. If its good enough for the armed services, its good enough for you (in the respectful sense).