Insomnia Since Starting TRT

Sounds like maybe some of your system is offline. SSRI endure that your body doesn’t release the chemical at a high rate by closing some of the pathways down or somehow modulates their usage. Did your doc taper you off SSRI? Google

Maybe find a forum of other SSRI users and I bet you’ll find many complaints of bad sleep. If you take a smal dosage of your ssri and sleep wel, then you know the issue. Maybe properly tapering would do the trick… although it’s been a year.

I would hit the weights. I would lower my sugar intake, take the suggestions of supplements given above is obvious. However you also need to rewire yourself mentally . You have to meditate or find a way to focus your thoughts on healing. Especially before bed. I would find a book instead of a screen with light.

I would also take a midday nap. Take a sick day friday. I would try to sleep thursday night as usual, but come friday I would wake up and then go back to bed as soon as you feel exhausted. Don’t drink coffee or sugar. Do this through out the weekend… maybe during lunch?

Hate how docs prescribe meds without talking about what happens when you get off. I had a doc trying to prescribe this to me recently. I’m so glad I figured out my T was so low…

You might look for a doc in the UK or US that specializes in helping those who come off ssri.

You might also want to try yoga (the one with long stretches and holds) or bikram yoga (hot ) instead of weights. This will help your body relax.

I had this issue. Meditation, prayed, eating right and physical work like cycling helped me a ton.

Hi mate, it took 2 years of dose reduction to finally come off the SSRI, I took things real slow giving my body time to adapt to the new lower dose. As I got lower in dose my energy started to vanish and started to suffer after exercise, wiping me out for days and insomnia.
It’s amazing how powerful these drugs really are. I need to balance my brain chemicals, I’m thinking of upping the dose of remeron or taking the tryptophan.

I need sleep badly and I want to be able to exercise once again without it wiping me out

Ok great. Give some of my suggestions a try. Working on your mind and frame of thought changes your chemical make up. Stay positive. Your now on TRT, off SSRI, and your only going to get stronger with this experience.

Have you tried midday napping?

Dosage is too high, one large injection may be causing all your problems. I couldn’t handle large injections which is why I inject small dosage EOD. If were to inject 125mg once weekly or 75mg twice weekly, it would cause the same symptoms as you are describing.

You haven’t really given TRT a chance, smaller more frequent injections is the only path forward, stopping TRT is a step backwards and you know where that leads, needing SSRIs.

2 Likes

I perhaps thought the E2 was the sole reason for my insomnia. I now think there are a host of things contributing to it i.e. Serotonin levels.
I will give the more frequent injections a chance, get myself back into some kind of exercise and look at balancing my brain chemicals.
Thanks guys.

Your best chance for success is (10-12mg) daily injections, the impact of estrogen will be less than EOD for the same Total T. If you have the same Total T on daily v.s EOD, estrogen will be lower on daily. This is not just my experience, but many others have reported the same.

The problem is getting past injecting yourself daily, this is the barrier for most men.

1 Like

hey pilchard.
so you have insomnia, high E2, and low blood sugar at night. do you have constipation, stomach burn , inconsistent feces also ? show us your exams of glicated hemoglobin, insulin, triglycerides, this symptoms point for two thinks. insulin resistance and lack of probiotics in your intestinal tract . try reduce sugar, and increase the probiotics and prebiotics fermented foods.

2 Likes

Hey h!!, I don’t have constipation or stomach burn although when I go to the toilet it’s not pretty (sorry!!)

I recently started taking kefir and inulin (not insulin) at night time to try and improve gut function.

I am intrigued about insulin resistance, I’m going to google it and have a read up.

Thanks for chiming in

kefir is great! one of the best options. that craving for sugar at night its classic. check on youtube “Dr Eric Berg insulin resistance” gl.

1 Like

[quote=“straff, post:28, topic:251284”]
glicated hemoglobin
[/quote]

Will this test determine anything?

sorry mate , i have no idea if its trustworthy. HbA1c and triglycerides are good indicators as well the symptoms. So you can begin to correct it even without exams. There is no site effect. i mean, the side effect brings you to loose fat. hehehe

1 Like

I’m starting to get sleep issues myself and it is happening along with sensitive nipples. Took me 4 hours to sleep last night. I’m self employed so I can sleep in and get my rest though.

Yeah, I keep getting a weird sensation in my right nipple so I know something isn’t quite right.
I’m praying my new protocol will bring my E2 in line so I don’t need an AI.
Some nights I lay awake all night, other’s it’s just 4 or 5 hours at best.
Last night I doubled my dose of remeron and it allowed me some sleep, feel groggy today though.
I think I have a serotonin deficiency after doing a bit of research, the TRT is quite stimulating also, then with the high E2 there’s no wonder I’m not getting any sleep!!

Just wanted to ask, does remeron work on serotonin receptors? I’m reading conflicting material online.
I am sure I have a serotonin deficiency after doing some research today and I need to know if remeron will do the job or not…

1 Like

Well you slept. That’s what matter. The rest can be figured out. Just drink some water and coffee in the morning.

Last night both nipples were sensitive, today one is. That’s odd… I am going to update my post with this info.0

Same here mate, just one nipple today, I will watch your post and see what the guys think

Remeron does indeed work on a few of the various serotonin receptors I believe as an antagonist. You should read up on how “agonists” and antagonists" work on receptors.

If you need to increase your body’s production of serontonin, try 500mg of tryptophan at night before bed on an empty stomach.

Hows your sleep pilchard? What’s your sex drive like?

Sleep is awful. Seems to coincide when I came off an SNRI after 15 years, 2 years ago I stopped taking them, things have got progressively worse.
Sex Drive is better since trt, it was dead before.

I’m hoping remeron is going to balance my brain chemicals, it’s not as harsh as the SSRIs I believe