Insomnia Due to Heavy Lifting

If other things fail look into the following

1. Poliquin’s Yin Stack
    http://www.charlespoliquin.com/ArticlesMultimedia/Articles/Article/43/The_Yin_Stack_-_the_Yin_and_Yang_Balance.aspx?lang=EN
  2. Lavendar oil on pillow
  3. A small amount of alchohol pre bed
  4. Sex/wank

[quote]ParagonA wrote:
Many athletes suffer from sleep problems. One thing I observed is that if I train at a very high intensity by means of to-failure-effort over e too long time period, I cannot fall asleep.

If I work out with a very high volume foe too long, I can fall asleep, but wake up often throughout the night.
Since you are training balls-to-the-wall I would suggest to train with a higher volume for some weeks, but don’t take your sets anywhere near failure.
Additionally, I would take a high dose of PPS every day to fight cortisone levels.[/quote]

Ya I stopped all preworkout stims but still drink coffee in the morning. It sounds like higher reps not near failure is something I need to do. I have been doing low reps balls the the wall almost hitting failure on every set for a few years now. It is really catching up and i can never seem to sleep anymore. I bought lecithin granules to help support CNS. Is that what PPS is??..I am planning on taking a week off of lifting with some light pushups or jogging then comming back with reps and not too many CNS intensive exercises. Please let me know any other ideas that will help. Thanks

[quote]plateau wrote:
If other things fail look into the following

1. Poliquin’s Yin Stack
    http://www.charlespoliquin.com/ArticlesMultimedia/Articles/Article/43/The_Yin_Stack_-_the_Yin_and_Yang_Balance.aspx?lang=EN
  2. Lavendar oil on pillow
  3. A small amount of alchohol pre bed
  4. Sex/wank
    [/quote]
    X2 on the sex/wank

How about some Tylenol PM?

Used at the specified dosage it is healthy to take every single night, although that is a somewhat bad habit to get into. I was doing it for a few months and despite that fact it was reasonably easy to stop when I wanted to.

[quote]MODOK wrote:

[quote]Optimus123 wrote:
How about some Tylenol PM?

Used at the specified dosage it is healthy to take every single night, although that is a somewhat bad habit to get into. I was doing it for a few months and despite that fact it was reasonably easy to stop when I wanted to.[/quote]

I would avoid diphenhydramine on a chronic basis. Diphenhydramine is a pretty dangerous drug, especially to be OTC. It has anti-cholinergic properties as well. I’m not saying it should be completely avoided, but to use as an every night sleep aid probably isn’t the best idea.

We are missing a lot of info from the OP- time of training and supplementation are the biggest. I lay awake all night if I take NO-Xplode after 6 pm and train…ALL DAMN NIGHT. And I have made that mistake a few times. It could be as simple as that with the OP.
[/quote]

Interesting, I really hadn’t researched this enough. I discussed it with a physician that told me that taking it at the standard dosage was OK, although I certainly see the potential for problems. Fortunately I have stopped taking it, it was a sort of ridiculous habit.

Thanks for your input.