insignificant question of the day

flat side out.

IN! mostdefinently. Generally, so i can look at the outer most weight to double check i have the right amounts. Doing uneven poundages is kinda interesitng, to say theleast.

Older Lifter and Neal have it right…at least in powerlifting competitions you want the flat side facing out on the first plate and all the others facing in. That way if you got the bar loaded up with a bunch of plates you can still easily see how much each one weighs to calculate the load on the bar in between each lift.

Understood on the clanking sound, however I like the sites and sounds of a gym as it gets my blood rolling. Not just me being annoying, but other lifters getting their groove on, grunting out hard sets, metal clanking around, chalk dust flying, and music blaring. In my opinion it is very difficult to work out in a stone quiet room with very polite people not making a sound.

I agree. I love the sound of rattling plates. In fact, I think Tom Platz once said something about how he intentionally leaves a small gap between the 45’s so they rumble when he squats.

There’s a flat side on those things? Hmmm.