Insert Interesting Training Log Title Here

Nothing like a bit of consistancy. I will let you know how I get on when I switch to a lower rep range again.

Obviously GVT is ultimately your decision, I just personally think that with your current goals it doesn’t make much sense. As you’re from the 5/3/1 school previous to this, just think what so many say about BBB 5x10 squats, a lot even starting at just 30-40% of training max whilst eating in a surplus. I believe GVT has some massive value in the right setting but for what you want? Maybe not. Maybe someone else will disagree though, and i’m not as clued up as most of the guys around here so take with a pinch of salt. If you’re fearful of losing top end strength with it, maybe you take a leaf out of the 5/3/1 BBB and maybe just work up to a top set of 5 and then some sets of 10 afterwards. Plan the full on GVT stuff for when you know you’re eating can fuel that kind of stuff - otherwise the work will just be skill training and cardio…

1 Like

Monday 23/05/22- 18:30
Session #14
Legs
Tiredness: 3/10
Soreness: 8/10
Awesomeness: 10/10

Man these days my lower back is ALL over the place. I’ve got pretty much constant stiffness, and pain in my lower right back. Alarmingly I’ve also started getting pain in my abdomen on the same side, at the front…which is where the colon is…which coincides with an aggressive radio advetising campaign by a local hospital which I hear 10x a day about how prevalent colon cancer is lol. Maybe I’m being a hyperchondriac but it’s properly freaked me out. Hopefully it’s a symptom of something less terror-inducing like siatica. Anyway, sob story aside, today went well on squats.

Warm up-
Pretty comprehensive for a change, with stretching, mobility and massage gun.

A: Squats, cluster sets, 3 sets, 5 reps

The last set here was a struggle but honestly the first two felt amazing. Considering I added 15kg on the bar from 2 weeks ago, I’m happy with these.

1. 130kg x 5
  2. 130kg x 5
  3. 130kg x 5

B: Kettlebell single arm front rack walking lunges, 5 sets, 20 reps (10 per leg)

1. 20kg
  2. 20kg
  3. 16kg
  4. 16kg
  5. 16kg

C: Hamstring curl (machine), 5 sets, 10-12 reps per leg

1. 40kg
  2. 55kg
  3. 55kg
  4. 45kg
  5. 45kg

Usually I’d have tacked on leg extensions but I was exhausted so this was it for the day!

Great log so far brother. I love your line about the stereotypical guy who used to be in shape. I ummmn, yeah im there too. Must be a billion of us out there.