Insert Clever Title Here

Ha! MIM, I better put up or shutup :slight_smile:

Been slack about posting workouts this week, trained Monday didn’t post. Yesterday I did 15 minutes of HIIT on the crosstrainer, 20 on, 40 off, really jacked up the resistance on the 20 seconds and it kicked ass (mine anyways).Just finished my egg whites and oatmeal for this mornings workout - that seems to be what my body likes best preworkout, with some coffee ofcourse.

Been lurking in others journals a good bit, trying to figure out what direction I want to go next. My primary goal is still fat loss, getting leaner but definitely want to train for strength. I get a little ADD and want to try everyting I read, lol!

Be back later to post the workout…

Had a fun workout, I’m off today so had extra time to play around a bit.

Warmed up with some mobility stuff for hips and back

Deadlift Barx10,75x10,95x8,105x6,105x6
Military Press 20x10,25x10,30x4,25x8

Reverse Lunge (off step w/ 3 risers)Barx8,65x6,65x8
2 Pt. DB row 40x8, 45x6, 45x6
Hip Thrust (w/ back propped on step) Barx15,95x15,135x8,185x8,185x8,135x8,Barx15

Incline Press 30x8, 35x4, 30x6
Step Ups (step w/ 8 risers each side) BWx12, 20x10, 30x10

45 min boring SS cardio

I was kinda shocked how easy the hip thrusts were…next time I will bring a towel cause it really digs into your hips. Also I think I would have better ROM and get a better squeeze at the top if I put my feet on a step and back on the floor. Either way, I love having time to play and try new stuff, sigh…if I could only be independently wealthy. Heading to my Mom’s for Turkey Day in a bit, no training planned maybe a NEPA walk around the neighborhood. Back in gear around Saturday. Hope everyone has a great rest of the week and Happy Thanksgiving!

I know allll about program shopping…

it sounds like your primary goal is fat loss, while maintaining strength/muscle…correct?

Diet will be key!! Mainly you gotta stick to your diet/program before tweaking too much!! Took me two years to figure that out, lol

ok, I take it back about saying the hip thrusts are easy…I can feel the soreness creeping in, hip thrusts are deceptive.

MIM, would you reccommend Lyle’s diet? I know you’ve had great results but it’s pretty hardcore right? I was thinking about looking into the anabolic diet and the paleo diet. If anyone has any experience with any of these, please chime in, thanks!

[quote]gymgrrl11 wrote:
ok, I take it back about saying the hip thrusts are easy…I can feel the soreness creeping in, hip thrusts are deceptive.

MIM, would you reccommend Lyle’s diet? I know you’ve had great results but it’s pretty hardcore right? I was thinking about looking into the anabolic diet and the paleo diet. If anyone has any experience with any of these, please chime in, thanks![/quote]

hey there…
Diet all depends on your individual body. I just briefly skimmed your journal so sorry if I skipped something, but what are your body stats? Do you metabolize carbs quickly, meaning if you eat them, do you have lots of energy or do you feel tired?

Instead of basing your info solely off what people say here, since things work differently for everyone, I would do as much research as possible on each diet. I would then take into account what is feasible for you; can you budget it financially? Can you handle not eating any carbs? Can you handle cutting out most vegetables? Is no dairy a deal breaker?

For the above mentioned diets, there are all issues you have to contend with. Not eating starchy carbs for both the paleo and the anabolic can be extremely difficult, especially for someone who has always had those as a staple. However, it all comes down to dedication and will power. I started the anabolic, loved it, had to stop for meet preparation, but will go back on it in a few weeks. You spend more money on meats and fats, cannot eat ANY starchy carbs, and even have to cut your carbs so much you often have to skip veggies. However, I prefer that over the paleo which cuts out all dairy which, while it may not be the healthiest thing for leaning out, keeps me consistent with my diet which is KEY to the success of any diet. There is then a carb-up on the weekend which you have to design to cater to your specific needs…12, 24 or 48 hours?..it all depends on how it makes you feel. There are plenty of trade offs like this that you will have to make depending on which diet you choose.

In the end, it comes down to trial and error. You may start a diet, stay on track, but then a few weeks or months down the road find that you either gain weight, lose muscle, or just aren’t getting the results you want. This is especially true if your macro percentages aren’t catered towards your physical needs. I would suggest doing you research, reading others experiences just for tips, start on something basic for 2 weeks, review, and tweak if necessary.

Hopefully this isn’t something you have already heard or extremely UNHELPFUL!

I’ll keep up with your journal to see what happens:)

Hi there-
Shauna gave some pretty solid advice.

Do you find that you need to be on a ‘diet,’ to stay on track? You are already at a decent weight for your height…(my goal weight actually, but I’m 5’10" :slight_smile:

Before worrying about a diet, why not just be consistent with posting your food here for awhile? In another month you can see where you need work if you do at all!

I won’t endorse the rapid fat loss diet, lol…it’s not for someone who already has trouble just eating regular, healthy food IRL…

For me I was consistent for a long time, it just wasn’t happening fast enough! I wanted to get on with my life…you don’t have 50+ lbs your are wanting to lose…I did!!

I think for you, if you can tighten up your diet and stick to good training you’ll see good results! On Lyle’s diet, the only training comes in the form of 2-3 tb workouts/week…not even any cardio besides walking if you want to, because the food doesn’t support the recovery!!
It’s not an easy diet to adhere too…but the results are ‘rapid,’ :smiley:

[quote]gymgrrl11 wrote:

I was kinda shocked how easy the hip thrusts were…next time I will bring a towel cause it really digs into your hips.
[/quote]

If 185# hip thrusts are easy, then you’ve got a strong butt! Are you using full ROM, by which I mean starting each rep with the plates touching the floor, the locking out your hips and squeezing your glutes at the top end?

Happy Thanksgiving Day! I’m the first one awake here and thought I’d get some computer time.

Shauna - Thanks, for such an in depth response. My stats? I’m 5’7, 24-25% bodyfat, 165lbs but I fluctuate alot can be up or down 5lbs daily. I tolerate carbs moderately well, as long as my food is balanced w/ protein, carbs and fat I’m ok but I feel best on lower carbs and higher fat. I looked at the Paleo diet yesterday, not sure I could give up caffeine…that’s just wrong! I saw that there is a version of paleo for athletes but from what I read it’s more geared for endurance athletes. I’ll have to give the anabolic diet a look today.

MIM - I do like to have a plan be it training or diet, like to know what I’m shooting for. I think I will start posting my food here a bit, maybe something will stick out to y’all that I didn’t realize. I do tend to overthink things, it could certainly be a small tweak to get me going in the right direction. I would like to drop 15-20 lbs and get down my bodyfat down, I’d feel healthier and look better.

Kimba - Who knew? I’m a smartass and a strongass! Honestly, though I don’t think I was locking out at the top, I think I will get a better squeeze with a towel or pad on my hips, the bar was seriously digging in yesterday and I have the marks to prove it! :slight_smile:

Cake, 2 pieces. My aunt brought a cake to turkey day that had a layer of strawberry filling, kinda like strawberry short cake but about 1000 times better. That plus the huge thanks giving dinner on Thursday. But my energy the next day was INCREDIBLE. I wasn’t even planning on getting back in the gym until Saturday (today) but I was feeling so good I couldn’t help myself.

Yesterdays workout

WarmUP

Inchworms
Walking Lunges
1 legged bride/glute lift
stretches

Front squat (ATG) bar x8, 65 x7, 75 x6, 85 x6
Chins w/ green band 5,3,2

Lateral Lunge holding dbs 15lbs x8, 20lbs x8, 20lbs x8, 25lbs x8
PushPress dbs 15lbs x8, 20lbs x8 (x3)
Romanian DL bar x8, 75 x8, 95 x7, 105 x6, 105 x6 * grip sucks when I get to 105

Seated row 80 x8, 90 x8, 90 x8
Split squat 8 reps bar, 65, 75, 85 x6
Good Morning bar 2 x10

30 min hill walk on treadmill
Jumprope 50x, 10 second rest x 6

Hello! I haven’t posted since I changed my workouts.

Today:
3 egg whites, 1/2 scoop whey, 1/2 c oats, 1/2 c blueberries, coffee, water

Military Press 50x3, 55x3, 60x3

Military Press 15x10…3 sets
Front Raise
Rear Delts

Dips 22,15,12
1 leg hip thrusts 12,10

Reverse Hypers 12,10

Medicine Ball Swings 15 rest 10, 15 rest 10, 12 rest 10, 12 rest 10

1.5 scoops whey, 1/2 c oats, Superfood

Hey, nice work on the MPs and the dips.