T Nation

Insensitivity to Spike Shooter?

I must be the odd man out: Spike Shooter does almost nothing for me energy wise, but it does taste incredible.

I have had it three times now, each time a full can (but never more than one can a day). I had it once with food and twice on an empty stomach and I did not really notice the energy.

I used to drink 2-3 Rockstars a day for 2-3 days a week, for a period of 3 months (to study for long periods of time), but that was almost two years ago and I know it was incredibly unhealthy.

I have recently avoided caffeine - coffee, energy drinks, pills - for over 8 months and figured that’d be enough for me to regain sensitivity to caffeine.

I may grab a bottle of decaf Spike and take one pill with Shooter to see if I notice anything, but there’s no way I will take two Shooters together or even in the same day, let alone with another high source of caffeine.

Anyone else have a similar experience?

[quote]PonceDeLeon wrote:
I must be the odd man out: Spike Shooter does almost nothing for me energy wise, but it does taste incredible.

I have had it three times now, each time a full can (but never more than one can a day). I had it once with food and twice on an empty stomach and I did not really notice the energy.

I used to drink 2-3 Rockstars a day for 2-3 days a week, for a period of 3 months (to study for long periods of time), but that was almost two years ago and I know it was incredibly unhealthy.

I have recently avoided caffeine - coffee, energy drinks, pills - for over 8 months and figured that’d be enough for me to regain sensitivity to caffeine.

I may grab a bottle of decaf Spike and take one pill with Shooter to see if I notice anything, but there’s no way I will take two Shooters together or even in the same day, let alone with another high source of caffeine.

Anyone else have a similar experience? [/quote]

My wife is the same way, Spike does absolutely nothing for her. But it jacks me up, in a good way! I am hooked on this shit. It just goes to show that things will effect people in different ways.

Welcome fellow non-responder! It does jack for me too…both forms of it. It does taste good.