T Nation

Insatiable Sweet Tooth.

Hey guys bit of weird deal going on for me right now. I have never really been one for sweets ( cookies, ice cream, and the such ) but for the past 3 days I can’t stop craving shitty sweets. I tried eating fruit that didn’t work so I tried to eat just small handfuls of cookies that has nit worked. If I wake up in the middle of the night to piss or something I want sweets and lots of them.

I was able to handle it up until this morning I woke up at frigging 430am didn’t need to use the bathroom just woke up craving Chocolate Chip Cookies. So I actually made some and planned on only eating 3-4 well before I even knew the whole pan was gone… what the hell is wrong with me. I’m thinking of going to a doctor and having my sugar checked or something.

I know this may sound idiotic but I have absolutely never felt like this.

Are you currently trying to lose weight?

You may have set your calorie requirements too low and your body is rebelling.

No that’s kinda what is stumping me. I am in a massive calorie surplus I would say.

There are claims that sweet cravings are related to magnesium deficiency. Maybe it is a nonsense, but since i started supplementing magnesium, i’m not facing severe sugar cravings anymore. When i feel like “i need cake”, i increase my magnesium dose. Seems like it works for me.

[quote]nny wrote:
There are claims that sweet cravings are related to magnesium deficiency. Maybe it is a nonsense, but since i started supplementing magnesium, i’m not facing severe sugar cravings anymore. When i feel like “i need cake”, i increase my magnesium dose. Seems like it works for me.[/quote]

Really I have never heard of that but I have some already at the house ill start it now and see what happens I pray it helps. Thanks.