Insanely Strong 15 Year Old

few things:

1. yes, he appears to be stronger than most kids his age
  2. he is 16, not that it makes very much difference
  3. he is strong, but injury is inevitable if he does not correct the form on some of this stuff- the deadlift- enough said; his clean and press of 280- that shit almost took him down with it, im not sure that the issue is specifically with his form so much as just going a tad too heavy, too soon. his bench actually wasnt very bad at all, true in a powerlifting comp he’d have to pause that, but other than not being very stable, he didnt cheat it up or anything, ass came up off the bench a little i guess. then again, strongman is apparently his thing, and theyre not doing bench specifically in that…

“Is it because I know God isn’t real?”
First tell sign of a know-it all prick.

[quote]rundymc wrote:
jonatan-shg wrote:
Horrible form on the deadlift, even the 470 wouldn’t get white lights in powerlifting. I don’t mean to brag, but I’ve gotten three whites on 533.5@192.5lb BW raw at 16 years age, and that’s not even that special.

Try and look at this guy - 660@165 in the sub-junior age. - YouTube

Jesus, that dude pretty much has a gorilla frame (though he is nearly as strong as one). He started in the fucking quarter squat position for Christ sakes, and raised the weight about a foot. Imagine what he could lift in 5 or 10 years.
[/quote]
I dont get your point. What is it?

[quote]rundymc wrote:
jonatan-shg wrote:
Horrible form on the deadlift, even the 470 wouldn’t get white lights in powerlifting. I don’t mean to brag, but I’ve gotten three whites on 533.5@192.5lb BW raw at 16 years age, and that’s not even that special.

Jesus, that dude pretty much has a gorilla frame (though he is nearly as strong as one). He started in the fucking quarter squat position for Christ sakes, and raised the weight about a foot. Imagine what he could lift in 5 or 10 years.
[/quote]

I paused the video at the moment he starts the lift, and good you are right, he has gorilla length arms. He is not far from complete extension already when he starts the lift! Just plain sick! Born to deadlift!

[quote]stallion wrote:
rundymc wrote:
jonatan-shg wrote:

I paused the video at the moment he starts the lift, and good you are right, he has gorilla length arms. He is not far from complete extension already when he starts the lift! Just plain sick! Born to deadlift![/quote]

Correct me if I’m wrong, but he’s using a sumo stance, is he not?

[quote]RSGZ wrote:
stallion wrote:
rundymc wrote:
jonatan-shg wrote:

I paused the video at the moment he starts the lift, and good you are right, he has gorilla length arms. He is not far from complete extension already when he starts the lift! Just plain sick! Born to deadlift!

Correct me if I’m wrong, but he’s using a sumo stance, is he not?[/quote]

are you actually asking this? are his arms inside or outside of his legs?

It’s nice to see a kid that young willing to work that hard. Yeah, he needs to focus on form for sure. But great raw power.

[quote]dez6485 wrote:
RSGZ wrote:
stallion wrote:
rundymc wrote:
jonatan-shg wrote:

are you actually asking this? are his arms inside or outside of his legs?[/quote]

No, I’m not asking. Generally you do not go down as low with sumo as you would with normal stance, that was my was of pointing it out.

[quote]RSGZ wrote:
No, I’m not asking. Generally you do not go down as low with sumo as you would with normal stance, that was my was of pointing it out.[/quote]

See the attached picture.

To the left: Super deadlifter
To the right: Average deadlifter.

Both pictures are shot when the lift has started, but the plates are still on the ground.

The difference should be obvious, and the left lifter has very good leverages.

LOL yes he is 15, but he has also has a beard. He simply matured at a younger age then most. I would bet anybody on this board taht when he is a senior in highschool he will be the same size and his bench might go up a little. He is just done growing at 15. thats not a shocker to me at all.

strong kid, and stallion isnt a preck if he asked the kid if he was on steroids. He sure kicked the shit out of my squat. :frowning: and Im 2 years older :(((

[quote]RSGZ wrote:
dez6485 wrote:
RSGZ wrote:
stallion wrote:
rundymc wrote:
jonatan-shg wrote:

No, I’m not asking. Generally you do not go down as low with sumo as you would with normal stance, that was my was of pointing it out.[/quote]

yea, i still dont see your point. people use whichever stance gives them the best leverage. certainly this 165lb kid pulling 660lbs sumo (with good form id add) is much more impressive than the other guy weighing probably 210+ pulling 500 or whatever it was, with shit form that will surely get him hurt if he keeps it up.

we can all see that the 165lb’er is pulling sumo. im not trying to get in an argument with you here, i just genuinely am completely missing the point you are trying to convey.

?

My point is nothing. Nevermind.

Yes, he is very strong for his age.

[quote]dez6485 wrote:
RSGZ wrote:
dez6485 wrote:
RSGZ wrote:
stallion wrote:
rundymc wrote:
jonatan-shg wrote:

No, I’m not asking. Generally you do not go down as low with sumo as you would with normal stance, that was my was of pointing it out.

yea, i still dont see your point. people use whichever stance gives them the best leverage. certainly this 165lb kid pulling 660lbs sumo (with good form id add) is much more impressive than the other guy weighing probably 210+ pulling 500 or whatever it was, with shit form that will surely get him hurt if he keeps it up.

we can all see that the 165lb’er is pulling sumo. im not trying to get in an argument with you here, i just genuinely am completely missing the point you are trying to convey.

?[/quote]

His point was that, since he was pulling sumo, his starting position wasn’t that out of the ordinary (range of motion as well). Don’t quite agree myself. His wingspan is crazy relative to his height. Not that it makes that pull any less amazing, the guy is gonna break records if he sticks with it.

[quote]stallion wrote:
rundymc wrote:
jonatan-shg wrote:

I paused the video at the moment he starts the lift, and good you are right, he has gorilla length arms. He is not far from complete extension already when he starts the lift! Just plain sick! Born to deadlift![/quote]
OMG. Everybody can start in in quartersquat, his upperbody is almost horizontal, and he is fucking up his back with the lumbar flexion. Sick, that he isn’t injured, yes.

[quote]jonatan-shg wrote:
stallion wrote:
rundymc wrote:
jonatan-shg wrote:

OMG. Everybody can start in in quartersquat, his upperbody is almost horizontal, and he is fucking up his back with the lumbar flexion. Sick, that he isn’t injured, yes.
[/quote]

i think you are commenting on the original video- the kid doing the 515 “deadlift” whereas the gorilla arms comment and born to deadlift was directed towards the video of the white kid hitting the sumo dead- where i see nothing wrong with the form.

The kazakhstan boy is very nicely build yes. My wrong.

A few things; in the grand scheme of things, his age is pretty meaningless except as compared to other 15 year olds at which point the conclusion is obvious: he is a strong 15 year old kid. However, extrapolating some future greatness for him is folly. Lots of kids mature early, then disappear when everyone catches up. And as anyone that has spent any years lifting will tell you, increasing poundage is not linear by year.

And, as someone pointed out, he needs some coaching and for crying out loud, he needs a spotter. The risk of injury to this very talented kid is very real. His deadlift form is terrible and I’m not quite sure what the heck he’s doing with those squats. He pretty much manhandles the bench press but where is the spotter? At least get a power cage - accidents happen and it’s why they are called “accidents”.

Final thought: as terrible as his powerclean form was, I was more impressed with that lift (on a raw power basis) than any of the others.

[quote]TheBodyGuard wrote:
A few things; in the grand scheme of things, his age is pretty meaningless except as compared to other 15 year olds at which point the conclusion is obvious: he is a strong 15 year old kid. However, extrapolating some future greatness for him is folly. Lots of kids mature early, then disappear when everyone catches up. And as anyone that has spent any years lifting will tell you, increasing poundage is not linear by year. And, as someone pointed out, he needs some coaching and for crying out loud, he needs a spotter. The risk of injury to this very talented kid is very real. His deadlift form is terrible and I’m not quite sure what the heck he’s doing with those squats. He pretty much manhandles the bench press but where is the spotter? At least get a power cage - accidents happen and it’s why they are called “accidents”. Final thought: as terrible as his powerclean form was, I was more impressed with that lift (on a raw power basis) than any of the others. [/quote]

Those are pretty good lifts, albeit with some loose form. I’m more surprised he stated out benching 135 and has already hit 346. It seems low for someone who grew so fast.