Insane Grinders

So, I was doing a heavy squat session today, hit a pretty hard 355 and then decided to go up anyways… ended up squatting 365 for probably one of the hardest squat reps I have ever done in my life haha. Thought the video was pretty funny, and then I thought… what if we started a thread in the forum where people could post videos of themselves or others locking out lifts that seemed like they were doomed to fail. I feel like they can be equal parts hilarious and inspiring, especially to see someone really fighting to finish a huge lift.

So here’s my squat from today. Anybody else wants to post, it could be fun.

This is the most intense lift I’ve ever seen.

^ wobble dee wobble dee wop

[quote]N.K. wrote:
So, I was doing a heavy squat session today, hit a pretty hard 355 and then decided to go up anyways… ended up squatting 365 for probably one of the hardest squat reps I have ever done in my life haha. Thought the video was pretty funny, and then I thought… what if we started a thread in the forum where people could post videos of themselves or others locking out lifts that seemed like they were doomed to fail. I feel like they can be equal parts hilarious and inspiring, especially to see someone really fighting to finish a huge lift.

LOL LOVE IT! good on ya for getting it done. Somewhere in the world a chick creamed her jeans and didn’t know why…butterfly effect…lol

[quote]N.K. wrote:

Geesh.

HAHA dat shaking on the Vogelpohl video.

I had to search to find this one, I watched it forever ago but I still remember it as being one of the craziest squats I have seen just because of how goddamned grindy it was. Don’t know what is better, the squat or his reaction to finally locking it out.

I thought the bar was gonna go flying into the camera way to “grind it out”

The best part about OP’s video? No safeties.

Jamie Lewis sells a t-shirt on C-n-P called “PR or ER.” Seems appropriate in this case.

If I owned my own bumper plates, I would be happy to squat sans safety bars.

I don’t have any issues dumping the bar backwards. Probably not the best way, but, it is a way…

Kudos OP, that was insane effort

OP, Awesome effort!!

Not insane, but my first 500 pound squat was a pretty good one.
[video]1399[/video]

485 pounds deadlift grinder. Your squat was insane though.

Shame I don’t have video of me completing it but I hit a worlds slowest bench last night! More 3 board work for me!

Here’s my 315 close grip paused bench PR:

Fantastic thread!

Haha DD grinding it out of the hole is the worst. At least for mine I got stuck near the top, where you can see the light at the end of the tunnel. In the hole you just feel like your chest is gonna explode.

and nice work on the bench csulli. I love when spotters try and talk to you when you are pushing a lift for like 10 second haha. They just start to say “alright…come on you can do it… just keep going…” haha.

Here’s a classic. “Time to rack it”

[quote]N.K. wrote:
and nice work on the bench csulli. I love when spotters try and talk to you when you are pushing a lift for like 10 second haha. They just start to say “alright…come on you can do it… just keep going…” haha.
[/quote]
I had a pretty good grinder squat that I was going to upload when I saw the thread title, but then I watched your squat, and I was like “actually mine wasn’t so bad” lol.

[quote]csulli wrote:

Man I wish I was that fast off my chest.

[quote]csulli wrote:

Put a shirt on next time and stop the foot dancing thing.