Ins - Amateur soccer and Team Coaching

60 mins SSG - light game

25.12.2020 Friday

70 mins SSG - medium to almost high lvl non-competitive SSG. Lots of young players, however the only professional was on my team. I played really well this time.

We played 10 mins extra, because it was a really good game and there was no one after to have reserved the pitch.

Yeah nutrition is key to losing fat. I was super active when I was 110 kgs, just eating too much.

Cooking is a skill, like everything, you’ll get better with time! And now there are many easy recipes on YouTube or whatever. Your meal plan seems good to me BTW! I’d definitely lose weight on this

Supplements, I would recommend creatine, and also omega-3 if you’re not eating enough

VTW, you’re really not looking as fat as you make it to be

1 Like

I have creatin, I am just forgetting to use it :slight_smile:

Oh, you are too nice. Although I hide some muscle, I have at least 10-20 kg of fat in excess. I am currently between 92-94 kg and I should get to 85 ASAP.

By the way, I am glad you like the plan.

I am going to keep it similar, but will try to cook slightly more … erm tasty

26.12.2020 Saturday

60 mins SSG

I think I am done for this week.

It was 4 SSG games and one EDT upper with a sprint session.

Now the good part of SSG, I am getting lots of technique recovering.

My closing down/pressing went up - yesterday I played against a guy in the youth academy in the local professional club who is 20 now and plays as a striker. I was able to cover him and push him back most of the time. He played deeper in the SSG. Technically I was doing fine against him, the only time he got past me was in a 1-2 situation. But I did took 2 balls out of him when closing him down resulting in 2 goals on the counter :slight_smile:

Passing significantly improved - the day before I was able to deliver really well with proper speed and accuracy.

I have to work a bit on dribbling and covering the ball, but that is improving as well.

Now from the SSG this week, I found out I lack quick feet to deal with most of the young guys defensively and while dribbling.

I am taking advantage of the good weather and being able to play SSGs right now. But I am sure once it is snowing they will tone down and I will see what progress I have done physically afterwards.

If not lazy I will do an EDT Upper or Lower session. I am thinking of upper, so legs can take some rest.

2 Likes

28.12.2020 Monday

70 mins SSG hard game
actually I just edited to hard game. The guy that owns the pitch and organizes the game, just send me a message. He told me I was playing against a professional and I have done really well. The professional has even commented that I have really nice defensive mid instinct and have been closing him down really well. Still I do not think I did well as that guy was really hard to cover and scored many goals.

2 Likes

30.12.2020 Wednesday

90 mins SSG - very very light tempo, we played to have some fun

The day before I went to the village of my fiancee and we had a very nice trip to a nearby very small and historic town. According to google fit I had 13 000 steps that day

1 Like

After a short break and getting drunk

02.01.2021 60 mins SSG medium game.
I played with a team mate in defense and got a total 1 goal against.

03.01.2021 Sunday
SSG 60 mins hard game
I played against one of the strongest forwards in the city. He has a top level experience in his early 20s. It’s my second game against him. We played at the SSG league against his team. Although he scored a lot I did fine against him. He even complained how I am controling him with hands and tackling him. To which I returned I have never kicked, pulled and pushed him.

Great stuff that I have played against against 2 of the top 5 forwards in the city.

04.01.2021 Monday
45 mins SSG light
Got a minor pain in the low back so I quit earlier.

Short update.

Since we started working again my sleep has been bad, barely 6 to 6:30 mins of sleep. I need to fix this as I feel like … all day long

Diet has been okay lately besides on 31st and 1st. I think I have lost some weight based on how I feel in clothes.

Few thoughts regarding my current status. I feel like I have to train more. Yet my body is not able to handle it. I need to work more on aerobic power, short sprints and agility for faster feet -change of direction.

1 Like

Be patient friend! Aren’t we all? I want to do a super strict cut because I want the results now, but I know it’s not the way. Just like when I get back to a gym, i’ll have to spent a few weeks getting used to it. Fix your sleep first and assess then how you feel

1 Like

True that. Impatience can be a bitch.

I can say there is a progress, I have build my base conditioning fairly well. I am able to run and be active. Although I do need to add more explosiveness, power and intensity in my actions. I feel lethargic sometimes or too slow.

Technique has been building really well too.

There are just about 8-10 weeks prior to the beginning of the season, so I feel like I have to push myself :smiley:

I am being sick a bit. Something not working properly with the stomach

60 mins SSG medium game.

Finally felt better today. I did some nice SSG today and the good news is that I have not lost much of the cardio.

1 Like

Short Summary of what I was able to do in the past 4 weeks starting approximately 7th of December until 4th of January.

LISS run - 41 mins - only once
Aerobic power run - only once
sprints - 2 workouts
1 EDT Lower workout
1 EDT upper workout
10 SSG games

Week 5 - I had only 2 SSG games due to small stomach sickness

I have been training 10 weeks in total.
Improvements in endurance have been significant. But my goal is much much higher.
Improvements in speed are not huge, but there are some.
Improvements in aerobic power are small.
Technique improvements are decent.

I am going to go by the flaw as it is now. The possibility to play that many SSGs is really intriguing for me and I think it is really the best I can do. First off all due to playing on artificial pitch the shins, calves and knees are feeling much more healthy.

Second I am working on technique as well.

I need to work more on the EDT for upper and lower though.
I think I am missing on muscle endurance, I can do a bit more core work too.
Still due to the shitty weather I think the SSGs will be less now.
I will try to have at least 1 SSG + 2 runs or 2 SSGs + 1 run every week. In other words to run 3 times per week, while having 2 EDT workouts - at least 1 upper and 1 lower.
So the target is train 5 times per week.

1 Like

12.01.2021 Tuesday

Aerobic Power Run

3 mins jog
4 mins cruise
3 mins jog
4 mins cruise
3 mins jog
3 min cruise
2 mins jog
2 mins cruise

It was raining almost heavy.
The first 2 cruises i was fine.
I was thinking that the SSGs were doing their job.
But 3rd and 4 th were really hard.

I am not sure how to comment. I am glad i got out and ran. I am glad i almost did a 4x4. But not happy i did not. Partially because i was not able to track down the time.

Please recommend a free interval running app.

Anyway i can not judge until i do this once more at least.

No shin, knee or calf pain. Some pain at the low back and the right glute

1 Like

13.01.2021 Wednesday

EDT Lower + ISO + plyos

15 mins EDT with 10 kg kettlebell
1 hand kettlebell trusters - 10 reps per hand
1 hand kettlebell swings - 10 reps per hand
Total 7 sets - 70 reps per hand or 140 reps per exercise

ISOs - 10 second holds with a towel for ankle, knee and hip - 2 sets each
I am starting to feel this

Plyos 1 set x 20 seconds each exercise
2 leg pogo jumps - back and forth