Input On My Periodization

okay right now im doing 3 sets of 6 reps heavy weight im thinking of every 4 weeks, take a week off/minimal working out and then go into 3 sets of 12

my thinking behind this is the 6 rep range is for hypertrophy and strength while the 12 reps is general conditioning and sarcoplasmic hypertrophy that way i get the best of both worlds

i love the 3 sets, i cant see myself doing 5 sets or 10 sets of stuff i think i would burn out and i would be in the gym WAY to long as i do an upper lower split

i guess ill try this way and if i end up not makin gains then ill try changing the sets around, and if im still not makin gains ill change my rest/exersizes/order around too

my plan origionally was to go 8 weeks 3x6 and then take a week off and then 8 weeks 3x12 as im new to weight lifting so i doubt i would plateau but i dunno!

That’s not periodization.

Periodization is when you change your sets and reps during your period of 4, 6 or 8 weeks.

For instance, I’m using an ondulation scheme atm where I do full body workout 3 times a week and I switch between 5x6, 4x8 or 3x10.

That’s just the basis, it’s a bit more complicated than that.

[quote]Wreckless wrote:
That’s not periodization.

Periodization is when you change your sets and reps during your period of 4, 6 or 8 weeks.

For instance, I’m using an ondulation scheme atm where I do full body workout 3 times a week and I switch between 5x6, 4x8 or 3x10.

That’s just the basis, it’s a bit more complicated than that.[/quote]

You mean Undulating.

what do you mean thats not periodization of course it is, im changing something about my routine, lots of guys just change exersizes and keep the rep and set ranges the same, thats still periodization

Sure, you win.

Keep periodising.