Input on 6 Wk Sprinting Challenge with 5/3/1

After running 5/3/1 for close to a year, adding large amounts to my lifts and increasing my overall strength, I began experimenting with high frequency squatting a la Ivan Abadijev. Working up to a 90% 1rm minimum for either front squat or back squat every day then either maxing out or moving on depending how I felt. Did that for about 5 months, while playing rugby 3x a week, didn’t seem to have too much of a negative effect.

I’m curious if I were to do the 6 week sprinting solution, with the more squatting option from the 2nd Edition of 5/3/1, if that would be too much volume. Does anyone have any input as to a way to possibly work into it?

Looking forward to responses,

much appreciated

Stu

“After running 5/3/1 for close to a year, adding large amounts to my lifts and increasing my overall strength, I began experimenting with high frequency squatting a la Ivan Abadijev.”

Classic. After getting stronger, I think I’ll change it up - all this strength sucks. I liked it better when I was weaker.

I assume you’re referring to the “6 week sprinting solution” posted on T-Nation a couple years ago. That is a fat loss plan. What is your goal?

This is something I don’t recommend. Please use common sense when training.

[quote]AMeadows21 wrote:
I assume you’re referring to the “6 week sprinting solution” posted on T-Nation a couple years ago. That is a fat loss plan. What is your goal? [/quote]

The goal is to maintain as much of my leg strength as possible while dropping from 231 to 220.