Hi, my old Split was a 5 days one, 5 days on, 2 days off (last 8 months): Chest, Back, Legs, Arms, Shoulders, off, off.
- Lack of energy for the lasts exercises of each sessions
- Feel ready to hit the same body part sooner
- Tendons issues, the volume seems to bother my joints/tendons.
- Gain are slow
I build a new split from what I have read here and I’d like to know what you think about it or if you see something wrong or that could be better:
Here is my training session from my training book:
- BB Bench: 45x25, 135x10, 185x5, 205x5, 225x5
- BB Row: 135x10, 185x6, 205x5, 225x6, 225x6
- BB incline: 135x8, 155x6, 175x5, 195x5
- Pullup: 7, 8, 7
- Squat (Ass to the floor): 45x12, 135x9, 135x10, 135x8, 135x8, 135x5
- RDL: 45x8, 135x10, 135x12, 135x12, 185x10
- Stand.Calves: 135x20, 225x16, 295x12, 345x8, 395x5
- BB Shoulders Press: 45x20, 65x10, 85x6, 115x6, 135x6, 155x6, 175x4, 115x12
- BB Curl: 45x15, 65x12, 85x5, 105x5, 115x5
- CGBP: 115x16, 175x5, 175x5, 175x5, 175x5
- DB Preacher Curl: 30x8, 40x5, 45x6, 45x5, 40x6
- Rope PushDown: 70x12, 90x3, 80x6, 80x7 80x6
- BB Wrist Curl: 45x15, 65x10, 85x10 105x10, 125x5
Please, let me know what you think about it. I’m ramping up the weight because it did gave me good results in the last 8 months for strength (it give you an idea how I was weak before).
I will use the same principle when training muscle group again in the week, but with different exercises. I’m think about using a different #rep theme too, but I’m really not sure if high rep will really help me. Low reps seems to give me better results, anyway, please give me your input.
Even if there is not a lot of volume, I feel I have gave about everything by the end of each training with this split.