Input: Having an Impact on Health/Fitness

Good day, all. Hope this finds you all doing well. I have recently come to the understanding that being in the military is no longer a good thing for me. I do not enjoy it, nor have I ever been able to “conform” to it’s policies and standards. I won’t go too much into detail about my opinions, but let’s just say I value common sense more than just doing things “because that’s how it’s always been done.”

Throughout my life and career, I’ve always been one to try to help people in need. Whether it is something big or small. I actually enjoy this. Given my current situation, I feel I would be able to do this within the realm of health and fitness, as I’ve been casually studying this stuff for about 15 years now. My dilemma with this is that I don’t want to limit myself to just gyms and personal training. I want to interact with more than just clients.

At this point, I’m pretty much open to any and all suggestions on what avenues I could possibly consider, and places where I could make a possible impact. Yes, this is pretty broad, but it’s something I would like to do. Thanks, all.

Perhaps you could work in sports programmes for criminal young people to keep them off the streets, teach them self respect and discipline.

High School sports or S&C coach?

Are you a dynamic and compelling writer? Do you have vast amounts of knowledge in any particular sport?

Bounce at nightclubs in Killeen…???

what exactly is it that you are looking to do? why dont you volunteer to coach a sports team or help troubled youth or something along those lines, or get involved in your church community? you dont have to change careers. most of the people that do those kind of jobs as a means of income dont make very much money, but they also arent into material things that much.

[quote]Ken St.Mich wrote:
Perhaps you could work in sports programmes for criminal young people to keep them off the streets, teach them self respect and discipline.[/quote]

I’ve actually thought of this. It falls into my line of thinking, although I would like to reach out to the “at risk” youth, as well.

[quote]lavi wrote:
High School sports or S&C coach?[/quote]

This has been referenced to me in the past. Although, I would have to go with wrestling over the other sports.

[quote]LankyMofo wrote:
Are you a dynamic and compelling writer? Do you have vast amounts of knowledge in any particular sport?[/quote]

Writing is something I take a lot of pleasure in doing. I’ve never actually taken any classes or lessons in writing, but it is something I would probably look into. As for knowledge, I’m very much into martial arts, as well as health and fitness. And like the health/fitness aspect, I am always eager to learn as much as I’m capable of learning. From there, I would like to spread that knowledge to others. That is an aspect that I would like to include in my repetoire.

[quote]Big_Boss wrote:
Bounce at nightclubs in Killeen…??? [/quote]

NEVER AGAIN!!! Killeen is definitely somewhere I will not return to. Hell no. I’m actually upset you brought that up!! I thought we were better than that, man!! LMAO!!!

[quote]clockworkchad wrote:
what exactly is it that you are looking to do? why dont you volunteer to coach a sports team or help troubled youth or something along those lines, or get involved in your church community? you dont have to change careers. most of the people that do those kind of jobs as a means of income dont make very much money, but they also arent into material things that much.[/quote]

Changing my career is something that is going to happen. As I said, staying in the military would be detrimental to me, as it truly doesn’t offer me any type of satisfaction. It’s actually something that brings me down, especially when dealing with the people you have to deal with. And while volunteering would be a good thing, I’ve rarely had that option. I won’t go into the church thing. That is a whole 'nother issue! lol. With all of this, I guess my end result would be opening my own facility that caters to my desire to reach out to people. Sort of like a Boys/Girls Club, but taken a step further. I want to be able to go out and help people, and not just wait for people to come to me. It almost sounds church-like, now that I am typing it out, but it is no church. I would have to look into ways of financing this, but one step at a time, I suppose. To go with this, I would probably look into writing either a weekly/monthly bit to push out to people. Put bits of advice and tips on paper.

There is truly a lot that I want to do with this idea, as you can see. My first step, however, is to figure out where in the hell I want to go to school (college). With the military and such paying for everything, I have a multitude of options. Any ideas? Thanks to all of you for your input, by the way. Except for you, Boss. That was dirty. Take care.