Innocent Smoothies

Anyone here drink these? It’s made by a UK based company, so I’m not entirely sure of availability internationally.

They use nothing but fruits in them and they taste great - I’ve started using these instead of eating fruits (most of the time) as it’s a lot more efficient. They also have some new flavours out using “superfoods” such as acai, blueberries and goji berries.

Just something to look into.

They look pretty cool actually… Never seen em in the States but I’m sure they’ll end up at whole foods eventually.

I looked at their website and could only get one of the “superfood smoothies” to load. These were the ingredients of the “Natural Detox: Pomegranates Blueberries & Acai” Drink:

19 Grapes
1/2 Crushed Banana
1/4 Crushed omegranate
1/2 Freshly squeezed orange
43 Crushed Blueberries
35 Acai Berries
“Dash of Lemon Juice”

What’s the consistency like? I’m imagining real thick and filling.

It’s quite thick, like you would expect a fruit smoothie to be.

I had the Strawberry and Banana one the past couple days, it has:

76 Grapes
39 Strawberries
2½ Bananas
½ Orange
Some Lemon juice

This carton had 550kcal for 1 litre, high 5!

Innocent smoothies are lovely but a little pricey. Having said that from a nutritional point of view it my be well worth it.

Think I’ll grab some in Tescos tomorrow as an experiment :stuck_out_tongue:

[quote]Morgan Hearst wrote:
Innocent smoothies are lovely but a little pricey. Having said that from a nutritional point of view it my be well worth it.

Think I’ll grab some in Tescos tomorrow as an experiment :P[/quote]

Thing is, how much I would normally spend on fruits would be at least on par, if not more. Last week blueberries were £3 for a small pack at Tescos - that’s how much a whole carton of the smoothie costs.

[quote]rsg wrote:
Last week blueberries were £3 for a small pack at Tescos - that’s how much a whole carton of the smoothie costs.[/quote]

2 packs for £5 at the moment in Sainsburys.

LR

[quote]rsg wrote:
It’s quite thick, like you would expect a fruit smoothie to be.

I had the Strawberry and Banana one the past couple days, it has:

76 Grapes
39 Strawberries
2½ Bananas
½ Orange
Some Lemon juice

This carton had 550kcal for 1 litre, high 5![/quote]

Holy shit, that’s a lot of fruit! I might start making some of these at home, sounds tasty.

Interesting stuff Bushy - I’ll have to try the Tesco ones sometime. I mainly drink these during the week at work, and do my Tesco shopping during the weekends.

I actually miss these as I used to live in the UK and love them (minus the price).

They’re a great quick source of carbs pretty much…but really, I’d rather have real fruit with the fiber (dunno how much there is in the smoothies).

That said, still wish we had 'em here because they’re tasty.