Inno-Sport Thread

Okay everyone, I thought I’d open up a thread for a the DB Hammer fans on the board. This will be a place to post workouts, comments, and questions. Anyone can add anything they want, as long as it’s constructive.

I guess I’ll start.

I’m training for the 100M, LJ, and TJ and I was wondering if I could do ADA and track work instead of RA work. I’d figure that just doing the jumps, along with the absorption training would be perfect. Any thoughts?

I’m a little confused as to how to use the system. What’s a good way to get started in the inno-sport system? I understand the dropoff idea, but I don’t think it makes sense to use. I also understand the functions of the range from isometric to reactive but don’t understand when to use each. Thanks if anyone has suggestions.

[quote]RJ24 wrote:
Okay everyone, I thought I’d open up a thread for a the DB Hammer fans on the board. This will be a place to post workouts, comments, and questions. Anyone can add anything they want, as long as it’s constructive.

I guess I’ll start.

I’m training for the 100M, LJ, and TJ and I was wondering if I could do ADA and track work instead of RA work. I’d figure that just doing the jumps, along with the absorption training would be perfect. Any thoughts?[/quote]

It is hard to give advice without knowing your goals, previous training, and planned/current training. Post your routine and I am sure you will get some good advice.

[quote]hockechamp14 wrote:
I’m a little confused as to how to use the system. What’s a good way to get started in the inno-sport system? I understand the dropoff idea, but I don’t think it makes sense to use. I also understand the functions of the range from isometric to reactive but don’t understand when to use each. Thanks if anyone has suggestions.[/quote]

First, buy the book. Then, set up your own programs and learn from your mistakes. However, if you don’t like or will not use the drop offs, there is no point in getting started with the system.

I have been working out with the system for about 1 month now

I say I like it except the workouts are too long I mean I can get up to 20 sets each exercise on a given workout!!!

[quote]climbon wrote:
hockechamp14 wrote:
I’m a little confused as to how to use the system. What’s a good way to get started in the inno-sport system? I understand the dropoff idea, but I don’t think it makes sense to use. I also understand the functions of the range from isometric to reactive but don’t understand when to use each. Thanks if anyone has suggestions.

First, buy the book. Then, set up your own programs and learn from your mistakes. However, if you don’t like or will not use the drop offs, there is no point in getting started with the system.[/quote]

DB claims to have girls training for 2 months and they can warm up with you max.

And you go and buy his book for 30 bucks… well good luck in life son.

[quote]Thug Poet wrote:
I have been working out with the system for about 1 month now

I say I like it except the workouts are too long I mean I can get up to 20 sets each exercise on a given workout!!![/quote]

Are you following the 8 minute rule? Are you working prime or pinnacle capacity? Are you sure you are determining your initials correctly?

An error in any of the above will result in several extra sets. Pinnacle capacity work should help decrease your workout time because all of your sets are around your instantaneous best.

[quote]climbon wrote:
Are you following the 8 minute rule? Are you working prime or pinnacle capacity? Are you sure you are determining your initials correctly?

An error in any of the above will result in several extra sets. Pinnacle capacity work should help decrease your workout time because all of your sets are around your instantaneous best. [/quote]

Another thing is if your traiing history is primarily bb type lifting then you have trained your “system” to hold back until the last set. Dave tate hits on this in the tate talks hypertrophy article/interview. As you adapts to the training methods/system you’ll either learn to love long sessions, or learn to put out (no holding back) in your first set that way you set a true initial, and drop off then comes rapidly

[quote]squattin600 wrote:
climbon wrote:

An error in any of the above will result in several extra sets. Pinnacle capacity work should help decrease your workout time because all of your sets are around your instantaneous best.

Another thing is if your traiing history is primarily bb type lifting then you have trained your “system” to hold back until the last set. Dave tate hits on this in the tate talks hypertrophy article/interview. As you adapts to the training methods/system you’ll either learn to love long sessions, or learn to put out (no holding back) in your first set that way you set a true initial, and drop off then comes rapidly[/quote]

there is always a chance. I am fairly new to this system so my calculations may be off. I am working on the pinnacle capacity. I always try to push every rep making sure I strain every time. I have never been on a BB program I have always been blessed with a good coach (my father)

I am sure I am not using a heavy enough weight. I checked this my last work out and I barley did 4 sets of each so a much better improvement I think

what are u guys average drop off range?

[quote]Thug Poet wrote:
there is always a chance. I am fairly new to this system so my calculations may be off. I am working on the pinnacle capacity. I always try to push every rep making sure I strain every time. I have never been on a BB program I have always been blessed with a good coach (my father)

I am sure I am not using a heavy enough weight. I checked this my last work out and I barley did 4 sets of each so a much better improvement I think

what are u guys average drop off range?
[/quote]

So you were holding back on your initial set (not using enough weight).

I average 2-5 sets per exercise

Remember failure is not just missing the wiehgt but technique changes

So if you are benching 225x4, just cause you strained up the 4th doesn;t mean you should do another set. did the elbows start flaring on the third rep? If so the set should only count as 2 reps not 4

Did your butt come up, you know, basic technique changes.

I feel ya I will defitnally whatch for any changes in my form

[quote]climbon wrote:
RJ24 wrote:

I guess I’ll start.

I’m training for the 100M, LJ, and TJ and I was wondering if I could do ADA and track work instead of RA work. I’d figure that just doing the jumps, along with the absorption training would be perfect. Any thoughts?

It is hard to give advice without knowing your goals, previous training, and planned/current training. Post your routine and I am sure you will get some good advice.[/quote]

Well, my current goals would be to increase my three events. My current training is not DB (I’m in season) so I can’t help you there. But when track is out, my routine would look like this.

4:1 Ratio
Session 1
OSP REA Squats N x 3 41% AW
OSP REA Squats N x 3 51% AW
Standing Long Jump N x 3

Session 2
ADA Split Squats N x 5
Primetime Runs N x 30M
Block Sprints N x 100M
Single Leg Bounds N x 30M

Session 3
OSP PIM Squats N x 5-9 sec
PIM 1-Leg Hyper N x 9-25 sec

This routine should push up my power quite a bit more, as I haven’t done any proper power training for a while.

RJ

RJ24

I wouldn’t worry too much about setting up your next program. I would probably take at least a week or two of rest/restoration after your track season. Then I would perform some testing to determine what is your weakness. With that information in hand and being rested, it should not be hard to come up with a good program.

As far as what you have listed, I would try to limit it to two companion sessions. remember that you want your B session to build your A session and vice versa. That way you improve each session and lay the groundwork for improvement at the next session.

Look, the Inno-Sport “system” is DESIGNED to be confusing. If there’s any value in it at all, you couldn’t tell from reading their materials.

Anything of true value can be clearly communicated to others. Inno-sport’s materials are so insanely complicated and confusing that when i first read them, I assumed it was a parody.

[quote]hockechamp14 wrote:
I’m a little confused as to how to use the system. What’s a good way to get started in the inno-sport system? I understand the dropoff idea, but I don’t think it makes sense to use. I also understand the functions of the range from isometric to reactive but don’t understand when to use each. Thanks if anyone has suggestions.[/quote]

[quote]Charles Staley wrote:
Look, the Inno-Sport “system” is DESIGNED to be confusing. If there’s any value in it at all, you couldn’t tell from reading their materials.

Anything of true value can be clearly communicated to others. Inno-sport’s materials are so insanely complicated and confusing that when i first read them, I assumed it was a parody.
[/quote]

Hey, not everyone is “smart” enough to milk training density for what it’s worth - as if recreational bodybuilders or, especially, strength athletes really ever needed a push to cram more work into less time. Anyone who has ever coached an athlete SHOULD know this! One of the first things you have to “teach” them is that it’s okay to actually take a breather between sets.

But I’ll bite; you questioned the value of my material so I’ll call you on it. Let’s draw two guys off this thread and have you train one using EDT and I’ll train the other using Inno-Sport methods and we’ll see who comes out on top. I’d particularly like to work with a pair of power seeking athletes, but we can take guys looking to simply get bigger or stronger if you’d like. See, Inno-Sport is a system in that it can be used to effectively develop any athlete with any training purpose in mind. This is obviously a claim that EDT, or any of your other writings, can’t support - do you honestly stake claim otherwise?!

Let’s find out…

Are you going to back up your words with results or are you going to back into a corner…again?!

[quote]RJ24 wrote:
I’m training for the 100M, LJ, and TJ and I was wondering if I could do ADA and track work instead of RA work. I’d figure that just doing the jumps, along with the absorption training would be perfect. Any thoughts?[/quote]

Yes, your thinking is sound. You are getting plenty of RA work in your jump training so incorporating some ADA work into your routine to teach your system how to increase its power absorption capacity would be wise. Remember, ADA development precludes RA development.

As a side note, we have a DVD that we’re hoping to make available this week. I bring this up because the athlete demonstrating the exercises is one of the best long jumpers in the world - I’m assuming that since you are a jumper it will be particularly interesting for you to see how we go about developing speed/power athletes with similar goals of reactivity and explosiveness in mind.

But I’ll bite; you questioned the value of my material so I’ll call you on it. Let’s draw two guys off this thread and have you train one using EDT and I’ll train the other using Inno-Sport methods and we’ll see who comes out on top. I’d particularly like to work with a pair of power seeking athletes, but we can take guys looking to simply get bigger or stronger if you’d like

^^^^^^^This should be very interesting!!! SUJO, baby!!!

I’d be willing to volunteer, Mr. Nuttal. :slight_smile:

Brad, I would be more than happy to be the power seeking athlete for this test. Please, by all means, choose me as a subject if Staley accepts the challenge.

RJ

[quote]climbon wrote:
RJ24

I wouldn’t worry too much about setting up your next program. I would probably take at least a week or two of rest/restoration after your track season. Then I would perform some testing to determine what is your weakness. With that information in hand and being rested, it should not be hard to come up with a good program.

As far as what you have listed, I would try to limit it to two companion sessions. remember that you want your B session to build your A session and vice versa. That way you improve each session and lay the groundwork for improvement at the next session. [/quote]

climbon, session 3 is the fatigue day. Just clearing things up.

RJ