Inner Tricep Muscle?

What exercises are good to hit that inner tricep muscle that one that’s like right under the arm pit. My long head is hard as a rock and big but the inner muscle is a little soft. Or is it not possible to target that one.

Thanks

V-Man

Find an anatomy chart of the upper arm and use paint or something to circle the area you are talking about. The answer will usually be to make the muscle bigger anyway. If it’s soft that means there either isn’t a lot of muscle or there is some fat. Erase both of those problems and you’ll likey not be complaining.

I don’t know if this specifically targets the inner head, but I personally like rope pull downs. I will do drop sets with 3 drops of 20 lbs for a total of 15 to 21 reps. IOW, do 5 heavy reps, drop 20 lbs, do 5 more, etc. I don’t know if this is the best thing to do for the inner head, but atleast it feels like it.

[quote]hokiehess wrote:
I don’t know if this specifically targets the inner head, but I personally like rope pull downs. I will do drop sets with 3 drops of 20 lbs for a total of 15 to 21 reps. IOW, do 5 heavy reps, drop 20 lbs, do 5 more, etc. I don’t know if this is the best thing to do for the inner head, but atleast it feels like it.[/quote]

I do rope pulldowns starting with 120 for 15 reps, 130 for 12 reps, and 150 for 9 reps and my “inner tricep” is hard as rock so give rope pulldowns a try if you don’t already have them in your program.

[quote]ItWasntMe wrote:
I do rope pulldowns starting with 120 for 15 reps, 130 for 12 reps, and 150 for 9 reps and my “inner tricep” is hard as rock so give rope pulldowns a try if you don’t already have them in your program.[/quote]

Those double-pulley machines do wonders for your ego don’t they!

TTOP: I always see the inner tris in bold relief when guys are doing heavy presses. It seems that mainly the top part of the movement is where the inner tris go from flacid to flexed. So maybe hit some board presses or power rack lockout work.

hard to tell which head you are talking about, the one just under the arm pit is the long head and the one that is on the inside that u can sorta only see down bottom is the medial head. seeming as usually the medial head is as hard as a rock, i think you are referring to the long head.

the long head of the triceps is the only one which originates at the scapula, this is relevent because to fully work, and to “emphasise” work on the long head, you need to take the humerous to full abduction, (elbow above the head). good execise is an overhead tricep extension. with a dumbell or plate or ez bar, whatever u want. try keep your elbows close together.

the reason you need to take it above the head is because otherwise it cannot be fully contracted, something to do with active insufficiency (i think). not sure about the reasons i just stated, still researching, but i hope it makes sense.

The “inner” head you speak about is actually the Long Head, the outer head, the Lateral head, and then there is a thrid head down by the elbow where the funny-bone nerve is, that is the Medial Head.

The long head is isolated by raising the arms abve the head, this is because the long head of the Triceps actually crosses the shoulder Joint, and attaches onto the scapula.

This action puts the long head into a stretch (the rest of the triceps attaching on the humerus is not as stretched), which causes the muscle tocome under much much more tension when exercised.

Overhead Presses of all sorts, OH tricep presses, OH Rope, OH French, OD DB Presses… also i find the best exercise for that area is the scullcrusher/Pullover combo.

You load a weight and get into the skullcrusher position, you then proceed to do a barbell pullover with it, then finish with a skullcrush movement. Do for reps, can be heavy for a french movement too.

It built my triceps Inner Head fantastically.

Joe

Similar maybe to JJ. I find incline extensions or even lying extensions with your arms at a 45º angle to the ground hit the inner head very well