Inner Thigh / Abbductor Pain

hello today i did , but have some really sore inner thigh I’m not sure if maybe i pulled something or its just from so much volume any thoughts? Any ideas besides stretching to cure ? Thanks and sorry for being off topic.

A shoulder press
B back sq
C bench press
D back sq 5x8
E1 alt lunge 3x8
E2 trap bar deadlift 3x8
F1 leg ext 3x8
F2 bw sq 3x25
G leg raise

[quote]chadeber wrote:
hello today i did , but have some really sore inner thigh I’m not sure if maybe i pulled something or its just from so much volume any thoughts? Any ideas besides stretching to cure ? Thanks and sorry for being off topic.

A shoulder press
B back sq
C bench press
D back sq 5x8
E1 alt lunge 3x8
E2 trap bar deadlift 3x8
F1 leg ext 3x8
F2 bw sq 3x25
G leg raise[/quote]

One side or both?

both maybe a little more on one side. im thinking it might because that was my first time doing this workout and its high volume. Im not sure

Adductor strains are the worse. I wish someone told me that when I did mine. I strained my adductors about 3 months ago from sprinting, and I am only now just recovering. Still have the occasional pain/twitch. Probably another month away from 100% recovery.

tweet

[quote]theBird wrote:
Adductor strains are the worse. I wish someone told me that when I did mine. I strained my adductors about 3 months ago from sprinting, and I am only now just recovering. Still have the occasional pain/twitch. Probably another month away from 100% recovery.

tweet[/quote]

Agreed!!

Hey Chadeber, I am guessing you did it with the lunges and then aggravated it with the leg raises. Doesn’t matter though now cause you need to give it a rest, and use compression and heat and let it heal. Depending on the damage done, it could take any where from 2 months to a year, don’t in that time re-injury it. What I would do is get a soft rubber playground ball and put it between your legs and gently squeeze it. It could be your adductor muscles are very weak as opposed to your abductor muscles. don’t do this if the muscle is too tender or sore, what you could do is massage the area and use heat.
I had what i think is the same problem got it from sprinting and then tried to work through it and its taken me 9 months to finally get to the point were i can run again.

Could have been due to either improper form or because the weights were too heavy. Its hard to tell from just the exercises alone. If the pain is unilateral then I am guessing that would be an indicator of a form issue, rather than the weight or volume being too much. It is normal to have a little tendon soreness if youre not used to training a certain way.

My guess? Tendonitis from a combination of the aforementioned factors (new workout, lots of strain due to intensity causing form breakdowns).

Be patient. Lower the intensity for a couple days and do a slight deload. RICE it. Your short term sides should go away in a week and the long term ones (if there even are any) within the month. Take care of it now though before you make it worse. Trying to rush things may cause you further delay. Remember, its not a race. Take care of yourself.

If you feel like you’ve really hurt yourself, then just save yourself the time and make an appointment with a healthcare professional.

-Zep

More information would be great if you are able to provide it.

Also, are you saying that youre only having pain in your inner thigh (ADductors), or both you inner (ADductors) and your outer thigh (illiotibial band area)?

-Zep