Inner Pec

How do you target the middle of your pec without doing flies? Trying to avoid anything that may aggravate my shoulder

How are you going to stress one part of a straight muscle fiber more than another part of it?

Are u saying it can’t be done without doing flies or that its being hit when I do the presses ? I’m an idiot bro

There is no “inner chest”. if yours is underdeveloped, it is because your whole chest is small. Doing flyes won’t build up just the inner portion of a muscle. That muscle doesn’t care what “inner” means.

There’s an upper and lower chest (clavicular and sternal) but no inner or outer.

Not under developed just wanted to know what the effects of dropping it from the routine would be. I should have been more clear

[quote]docholliday7777 wrote:
Not under developed just wanted to know what the effects of dropping it from the routine would be. I should have been more clear[/quote]
By middle you mean those muscles a couple inches above the nipples? If so that is the sternal head and flat bench/most horizontal pressing will take care of that. As far as taking flies out, not much of a difference if you are already a chest bench presser, and have a good mind muscle connection. Keep them as a prefatigue if you don’t have a good mind muscle connection…

I don’t do flies. In terms of cost to benefit ratio, I see little value from doing them at all other than looking really cool doing them if you happen to already have some size on you.

They SUCK for the purpose of really packing mass on.

They are an exercise you save for the last in the workout to move more blood into the area. They are not and never have been a major mass builder because of the lesser weight that can be used.

An old prof of mine who was a female powerlifter then bodybuilder used to tell me:

“If you want size, don’t do flies”

thanks fellas I don’t do ohp cuz of my shoulder and guess removing flies isn’t that big of a deal. Was actually thinking of not having a shoulder day being that all i do is lateral raises, rear delt flies, front raises and shrugs. Maybe do the lateral and front with chest and rear delt with back ?

Do flies just don’t expect them to build the majority of the size on your chest.

thanks fellas I don’t do ohp cuz of my shoulder and guess removing flies isn’t that big of a deal. Was actually thinking of not having a shoulder day being that all i do is lateral raises, rear delt flies, front raises and shrugs. Maybe do the lateral and front with chest and rear delt with back ?[/quote]
What does your training look like? Since normally your shoulder just doesn’t hurt for no reason… Also are/have you been injured?

[quote]DSSG wrote:

thanks fellas I don’t do ohp cuz of my shoulder and guess removing flies isn’t that big of a deal. Was actually thinking of not having a shoulder day being that all i do is lateral raises, rear delt flies, front raises and shrugs. Maybe do the lateral and front with chest and rear delt with back ?[/quote]
What does your training look like? Since normally your shoulder just doesn’t hurt for no reason… Also are/have you been injured?[/quote]

Shoulder was operated on for impingement I primarily use dumbbells and hammer grip machine for chest

How did it get impinged? What does your back work look like? What has more volume chest or back? (or pushing and pulling?) By that I want the exact exercise selection of the back, or the most recent ones and the sets done.

I injurd the shoulder at work there was also a small tear but it didn’t require repairing. Surgery was in FEB and rehab ended in like sept/oct started lifting again in OCT.
stated real light and added weight as I went on I am goin to basically start over and Keep it light.

Chest/bicep- done with dumbbells or hammer grip machine
incline 3x10-12
flate same
decline same
flies same
ezbar curl 3x10
hammer curl same
revers ez curl same

shoulders/abs
only OHP A few time it didn’t hur at all but i am staying away
db lateral raises 3x10 plus parials
db reverse fly 3x10 plus partials