Inmate Fitness

[quote]Lanfair wrote:
I’m sure people will still say juice was available in there, but aside from pot and some painkillers and shit being available, it wasn’t really like that. You generally got paid 65 cents a day to work in the kitchen or something, hardly enough to afford cycles, and syringes are really hard to hide. I saw in there that you can get big and strong without perfect nutrition, and you can train frequently with heavy weights provided you get adequate rest and don’t do a lot of bodybuilder type intensity techniques.

Just my experience.[/quote]

Thanks for posting…and that is really what I wanted to discuss.

“steroids” seem to be the goto remark when any picture is shown of any guy who is bigger than average.

It doesn’t seem that is the case in reality.

Ten years of training everyday with dedication will lead someone to a place the guy who trained “off and on” can never get to.

[quote]super saiyan wrote:
How many times can one person rehash the same topic?

This isn’t rhetorical. I would like a concrete answer so I can know when the madness will end.[/quote]

Page clicks bruh.

[quote]The Mighty Stu wrote:

[quote]Depression Boy wrote:
Anyhoo, the folks in the video don’t look assisted for the most part. But the queston is what they looked like BEFORE they went in.[/quote]

I think that’s the big question. How many people go in, looking more ‘typical’, and come out with a champion caliber physique that really does exceed what most people would expect to be able to develop in a similar situation.

S[/quote]

+1

Anyhoo, the folks in the video don’t look assisted for the most part. But the queston is what they looked like BEFORE they went in.[/quote]
I think that’s the big question. How many people go in, looking more ‘typical’, and come out with a champion caliber physique that really does exceed what most people would expect to be able to develop in a similar situation.

S[/quote]
+1[/quote]

[quote]Chris Colucci wrote:

S[/quote]
+1[/quote]

[/quote]

Your glorious quoting skills are unmatched my man!

S[/quote]
+1[/quote]

[/quote]

The most epic shitstorm is about to commence. 2009 PX versus 2014 PX. Who will prevail?

[quote]Quick Ben wrote:

How many times can one person rehash the same topic?

This isn’t rhetorical. I would like a concrete answer so I can know when the madness will end.[/quote]

The madness will end whenever you want it to, dude. Whatever message PX wants to preach, there is no reason for you to keep showing up at the sermon.
[/quote]

And the church says, Amen.

There is also yet another thread about genetics made this week…and not one word was heard about redundancy.

Here’s something for you all to consider though, in the middle of this internet penis waving you all are so inexplicably fond of. If this guy in the video was my training partner or brother or whatever, and didn’t have any youtube videos… and, stay with me here… I posted a picture of him on this forum saying: “this is my bro, he squats 500x15, beltless, ass to grass.”

Is there a chance in hell anyone would believe me? No? There are more freaks of nature out there than you know, on drugs or not…

[quote]RATTLEHEAD wrote:
Your glorious quoting skills are unmatched my man![/quote]
Ha, thanks I guess. But that thread was just one of the first to come up when I Googled “prison physique change”.

[quote]RATTLEHEAD wrote:
Ha, thanks I guess. But that thread was just one of the first to come up when I Googled “prison physique change”.
[/quote]

I wonder how many other questions PX could get answers to by going back in time and asking his younger self.

Hey look one of these threads! I feel like I’ll be able to contribute everything I could possibly want to add to this discussion in 1 post.

1. props to Mr. Colucci. The greatest TNation historian alive today.

2. I think most of those pictures are of physiques that could be achieved naturally, BUT:

3. It’s certainly likely that many of those physiques were, in fact, achieved through the use of steroids, either prior to or during incarceration. Just because a physique could have been achieved naturally doesn’t mean it was.

****4. Before and after prison photos would be INFINITELY more interesting than just random pictures that were taken at some point during a prison stay. That would give us something to talk about. Even just a few would be worthwhile. I would love to see photos of a guy come out of an extended prison sentence significantly more muscular than when he went in. Most of the cases I’ve seen have gone the other direction (I’m not saying this is evidence of anything, just my own observation). The photos presented in the video are essentially pointless out of context.

1. X mentioned Dallas specifically earlier in this thread. There are no state prisons in Dallas. Lew Sterrett is Dallas’s downtown jail, and it’s an awful place, consistently cited for health code violations. They’re also known for essentially losing track of inmate records for weeks at a time, resulting in stays that last significantly longer than the prescribed sentence. I can tell you with absolute certainty (don’t expect me to explain why) that any drug can be purchased in this facility.

[quote]RATTLEHEAD wrote:
[/quote]

I wonder how many other questions PX could get answers to by going back in time and asking his younger self.[/quote]

Lol, I don’t recall that earlier thread, but luckily Colucci knows all and sees all. This thread started with the notion that inmates (in general, or at least the ones featured in a video, which can obviously take the subtle opinion of the film maker) develop physiques beyond what many people claim is capable for unassisted trainers. In the 2009 thread, it compares being incarcerated with boot camp, and the illusion that can be created.

[quote] Professor X Wrote: (in 2009)
the idea that bootcamp somehow makes you swole is bullshit. It makes big guys smaller and weaker with MAYBE better conditioning and it gives tiny guys the ability to actually lift their own body weight.

Amazing.

Prison seems to be no different. People just see what they want to see and to the average person, ANY visible muscle mass makes you a monster [/quote]

^This part, IMO applies especially when you’re not worrying about bf%s, coupled with the fact (also covered in the 2009 thread) that this may be the first time that someone has been able to seriously engage in a committed, regular program of serious training.

S

S[/quote]
+1[/quote]

[/quote]

The most epic shitstorm is about to commence. 2009 PX versus 2014 PX. Who will prevail?[/quote]

Two men enter…ONLY ONE MAN LEAVES!!

[quote]Quick Ben wrote:
Here’s something for you all to consider though, in the middle of this internet penis waving you all are so inexplicably fond of. If this guy in the video was my training partner or brother or whatever, and didn’t have any youtube videos… and, stay with me here… I posted a picture of him on this forum saying: “this is my bro, he squats 500x15, beltless, ass to grass.”

Is there a chance in hell anyone would believe me? No? There are more freaks of nature out there than you know, on drugs or not…

[/quote]

Are you being serious here? No one could look at a physique like this and think, “damn, that guy can probably move some serious weight”? Rubish is a monster, and he looks like it too.

Google image ‘pete rubish’, plenty of impressive pics out there. His back is just stupid. I don’t really understand where you’re coming from here.

[quote]flipcollar wrote:

[quote]Quick Ben wrote:

[/quote]

Are you being serious here? No one could look at a physique like this and think, “damn, that guy can probably move some serious weight”? Rubish is a monster, and he looks like it too.

Google image ‘pete rubish’, plenty of impressive pics out there. His back is just stupid. I don’t really understand where you’re coming from here.[/quote]

I know who he is, and if you didn’t know who he was and I posted that picture… no way anyone who knows anything about bodybuilding would look at those quads and think he could squat 500x15. His pound for pound strength is insane, and you would have to see it to believe it.

Edit: The point is, there are people who can move tons of weight for reps who don’t look the part, and by that same token there are people who can build tons of muscle with way less drugs than you would assume.

[quote]RATTLEHEAD wrote:
[/quote]

I wonder how many other questions PX could get answers to by going back in time and asking his younger self.[/quote]

Uh, this thread has nothing to do with anything stated in that one.

I didn’t ask if they were bigger before they went in.

[quote]flipcollar wrote:

1. X mentioned Dallas specifically earlier in this thread. There are no state prisons in Dallas. Lew Sterrett is Dallas’s downtown jail, and it’s an awful place, consistently cited for health code violations. They’re also known for essentially losing track of inmate records for weeks at a time, resulting in stays that last significantly longer than the prescribed sentence. I can tell you with absolute certainty (don’t expect me to explain why) that any drug can be purchased in this facility.[/quote]

This is true…along with regular cell searches which is WHY you can’t do a cycle in there easily at all.

[quote]Professor X wrote:

[quote]flipcollar wrote:

1. X mentioned Dallas specifically earlier in this thread. There are no state prisons in Dallas. Lew Sterrett is Dallas’s downtown jail, and it’s an awful place, consistently cited for health code violations. They’re also known for essentially losing track of inmate records for weeks at a time, resulting in stays that last significantly longer than the prescribed sentence. I can tell you with absolute certainty (don’t expect me to explain why) that any drug can be purchased in this facility.[/quote]

This is true…along with regular cell searches which is WHY you can’t do a cycle in there easily at all.[/quote]

I’m sure not being able to cycle properly will keep most of them from taking anything.

I’ll see if I can get some pics from my buddy of his cousin before he went in and pics of him now that he’s been in there about 8 years. He was a scrawny, lanky drug addict when he went in and he is a MONSTER now. Prob went from 160-170 to 260, and I’d say it’s a 95% chance he did it natty bc he’d have no reason to lie to his cousin about it, who was in there doing time with him at one point.

As far as the prisons that don’t have weights, the one I was at did, but the metro jail I was at didn’t. Inmates are pretty ingenious when it comes to finding ways to work out. They will fill those shitty polyester pillowsacks up with water and use them to curl and other stuff, similar to a sandbag, but less heavy.

They roll their towels up and use them to curl, skull crush, french press etc while another inmate pulls on the ends of the towel with all his bodyweight. They do push ups with their hands on foot lockers while inmates sit on their backs, dips between bunks with people hanging on them, squats with people on their shoulders, handstand push ups.

A common trick played on new guys is daring them to take a pack of cards, squat down and set a card on the ground, stand up, squat and set another on the ground, so forth and so on until the entire deck is laid out, then squat and pick them all up. One guy did this and woke up the next morning with his legs so swollen they had to cut his state issued khakis off his legs.

[quote]Lanfair wrote:
A common trick played on new guys is daring them to take a pack of cards, squat down and set a card on the ground, stand up, squat and set another on the ground, so forth and so on until the entire deck is laid out, then squat and pick them all up. One guy did this and woke up the next morning with his legs so swollen they had to cut his state issued khakis off his legs.[/quote]

Do I believe this is something that’s done in prison? Sure, sounds about right. Do you really expect 100 deep body weight squats to turn someone into the Hulk? Give me a fucking break. That’s the some of the dumbest shit I’ve ever read on this site.