T Nation

Inmate Fitness

Why do some of these guys appear bigger than I have heard a natural can get?

According to Kali… MOHRRRRRR REPS! Fuq is overtraining?

Shrug

I’d like to believe inmates have more T. Again, I’d LIKE to believe that.

EDIT: Actually there is probably a bell curve that can apply here. We see the examples of only these genetic freaks.

Aside from maybe the guy at 12:08, most look naturally attainable IMO…lots of cats smoke weed, snort coke, pop pills, etc. in prison so it’s not unreasonable to think that they might obtain juice as well…

[quote]Professor X wrote:
Why do some of these guys appear bigger than I have heard a natural can get?[/quote]
Dat environment man. Your body will naturally try to adapt to more hostile surroundings. People on the outside are sipping coffee at their desk and acquiescing their nagging wives while dudes in prison deal with fights and stabbings on a regular basis.

On a more meta level it’s the same reason Klokov will tell you Russians fare so well against us regarding strength sports. America is a nice place. It’s very safe, and he says it’s a wonderful thing. But Russia is a pretty fucking hard place, corruption is rampant, and shit is often dangerous. Ease does make the body soft. Sarychev was fucking stabbed a few weeks out from his last meet lol. I promise you Koklyaev and Malanichev have some pretty nuts stories.

They can get any drug they want in there, what makes you think they are natural?

What the fuck they can have cameras and post on the youtubes. What kind of prison is this?

Highlights- Lui works in prisons and acknowledges steroid contraband is common place.

[quote]csulli wrote:

[quote]Professor X wrote:
Why do some of these guys appear bigger than I have heard a natural can get?[/quote]
Dat environment man. Your body will naturally try to adapt to more hostile surroundings.[/quote]

I have said the same about the neighborhood I grew up in but was told it was all fantasy. I see the same types of people there…and a number of them have been in places like this.

[quote]csulli wrote:

[quote]Professor X wrote:
Why do some of these guys appear bigger than I have heard a natural can get?[/quote]
Dat environment man. Your body will naturally try to adapt to more hostile surroundings. People on the outside are sipping coffee at their desk and acquiescing their nagging wives while dudes in prison deal with fights and stabbings on a regular basis.

On a more meta level it’s the same reason Klokov will tell you Russians fare so well against us regarding strength sports. America is a nice place. It’s very safe, and he says it’s a wonderful thing. But Russia is a pretty fucking hard place, corruption is rampant, and shit is often dangerous. Ease does make the body soft. Sarychev was fucking stabbed a few weeks out from his last meet lol. I promise you Koklyaev and Malanichev have some pretty nuts stories.[/quote]

Ever read Dune? Same thing.

But yeah, they take drugs.

Also, no, it would be a mistake to look at that vid and think everyone bigger is on drugs. I really hope that isn’t the predominant way of thinking today…on a website like this.

[quote]Professor X wrote:
Also, no, it would be a mistake to look at that vid and think everyone bigger is on drugs. I really hope that isn’t the predominant way of thinking today…on a website like this.[/quote]

Believing inmates do not utilize drugs is also a mistake.

Most of those physiques look more than attainable for a natural. How did the biggest guy in that video look BEFORE he went in though, and how long has he been in…?

Case in point, this guy had just done 18 months.

[quote]RATTLEHEAD wrote:

[quote]Professor X wrote:
Also, no, it would be a mistake to look at that vid and think everyone bigger is on drugs. I really hope that isn’t the predominant way of thinking today…on a website like this.[/quote]

Believing inmates do not utilize drugs is also a mistake.[/quote]

They don’t even have weights in some these prisons. It isn’t about believing inmates use drugs. Steroids aren’t a pill you can pop quickly. Being on a steady cycle for months would be difficult in a prison like that.

It just seems like some here immediately jump to “steroids” no matter what if the guy is bigger than they think he should be.

[quote]Professor X wrote:

[quote]RATTLEHEAD wrote:

[quote]Professor X wrote:
Also, no, it would be a mistake to look at that vid and think everyone bigger is on drugs. I really hope that isn’t the predominant way of thinking today…on a website like this.[/quote]

Believing inmates do not utilize drugs is also a mistake.[/quote]

They don’t even have weights in some these prisons. It isn’t about believing inmates use drugs. Steroids aren’t a pill you can pop quickly. Being on a steady cycle for months would be difficult in a prison like that.

It just seems like some here immediately jump to “steroids” no matter what if the guy is bigger than they think he should be.[/quote]

Do you believe they use drugs or not then?

[quote]RATTLEHEAD wrote:

[quote]Professor X wrote:

[quote]RATTLEHEAD wrote:

[quote]Professor X wrote:
Also, no, it would be a mistake to look at that vid and think everyone bigger is on drugs. I really hope that isn’t the predominant way of thinking today…on a website like this.[/quote]

Believing inmates do not utilize drugs is also a mistake.[/quote]

They don’t even have weights in some these prisons. It isn’t about believing inmates use drugs. Steroids aren’t a pill you can pop quickly. Being on a steady cycle for months would be difficult in a prison like that.

It just seems like some here immediately jump to “steroids” no matter what if the guy is bigger than they think he should be.[/quote]

Do you believe they use drugs or not then?[/quote]

That would depend on the prison. I don’t see any sign at all that the people in these videos are using anything at all. Saying steroids can be gotten in prison and actually seeing someone do a full cycle in a prison like in Dallas that doesn’t even have weights and conducts searches of the inmates cells are two completely different things.

[quote]Professor X wrote:

Why do some of these guys appear bigger than I have heard a natural can get?[/quote]

Like someone else said they all look attainable naturally. Didn’t watch the whole thing but did watch long enough to have the opinion, looks attainable naturally to me. And none of them look like Kai Muscle guy

[quote]mbdix wrote:

[quote]Professor X wrote:

Why do some of these guys appear bigger than I have heard a natural can get?[/quote]

Like someone else said they all look attainable naturally. Didn’t watch the whole thing but did watch long enough to have the opinion, looks attainable naturally to me. And none of them look like Kai Muscle guy [/quote]

These prisons don’t have weights though.

That makes the progress even more remarkable.

[quote]Quick Ben wrote:
Most of those physiques look more than attainable for a natural. How did the biggest guy in that video look BEFORE he went in though, and how long has he been in…?

Case in point, this guy had just done 18 months.[/quote]

This guy i don’t think did it naturally.

-You can get anything you want in prison. Chat with a few people who work in such situations and they’ll give you the lowdown.

-While I can’t speak from experience, I’m fairly certain that most folks in the clink aren’t walking around in contest condition. Your need to constantly berate the fact that so many people believe that a mature, natural trainer can only put on so much lbm comes across as you beating the same horse that has already been horribly pounded for years now.

-Dave Palumbo fully detailed his time spent behind bars. This is a man very knowledgeable of training, nutrition, and yes, PEDs. It could be argued that he has excellent genetics to be able to go from a college distance runner to a super heavyweight competitor who pushed the boundaries of conditioning. Being unable to obtain his usual anabolic cocktails, combined with his seeming desire (at the time) to not let his bodyfat creep up, you can see why not only didn’t he make any gains, but lost quite a bit of size while incarcerated for even a relatively small duration.

Wish I had nothing to do all day but eat, sleep, read and train. I’m sure not having the everyday stresses most of us face can have some effect on recovery.

S