Inline skating as HIIT?

Has anybody tried inline skating here in order to lose fat, especially in place of running as a form of HIIT? What kind of programs have you used?

My knees prevent me from running, but I have no problems skating.

Ah i just started doing some interval skating with my clients. Very basic stuff though 1 min skate moderate pace next 15-20 seconds skate all out hard for a good 10-12 sets then we just skate moderately after that for a good 30 mins.

PPP

I need to start skating again, as I used to do it 2-3 times a week. It works great for getting in shape, burning fat and strengthening the glutes.

You can easily do it like any other HIIT program. Do some sprints or “all-out intervals” followed by moderate skating.

Now, if only it would stop raining every freakin’ afternoon and weekend, I may actually get a chance to strap on the skates and tear it up!

where do you do it…where do you find something flat and smooth enough to actually do sprints on.

I ask this as a hockey player who strapped on ice skates last night and attempted it.

I skate anywhere I can find pavement. Side walks, my neighborhood, local college, etc.

As long as there isn’t too much debris (i.e. sticks, rocks) and water, you can skate just about anywhere.

I used to skate 10 miles, going from my house and skating downtown at UF and around campus. If you can’t skate, you can still walk, and I’ve walked through grassy areas to get to the pavement.

If you’re doing HIIT, find a part of the street outside your house or apartment where there isn’t any traffic and go for it.

You’re limited only by your lack of creativity. “Open your mind,” as they say in the Matrix.

[quote]biltritewave wrote:
where do you do it…where do you find something flat and smooth enough to actually do sprints on.

I ask this as a hockey player who strapped on skates last night and attempted it. [/quote]