InkAddict's Log

Well, it’s probably about time I started a log here, I’ve been around here long enough. I’m Jason, but some people here call me Joyce.

Little history:
Fat kid growing up, through high school. Joined the Marine Corps in '99, right after graduating and shipped out weighing 205 I think it was. Well, Diet Recruit “Inkaddict” made it through bootcamp and came out at a scrawny and sick looking 168. Through most of my enlistment I was weak and didn’t really focus on getting stronger, I just did my job every day (Avionics Technician on CH-46E). Started getting hefty towards the end of my enlistment and was downright fat when I got out in '04, and didn’t continue with much in the way of exercise.

Started lifting in '05 with my brother in law, a former gymnast, and got into it. Joined the site and read shit all the time, worked out hard, but then fell off the wagon somehow. Fast forward about 4 years and I decided I needed to get back to lifting. Bought an adjustable bench with uprights high enough to use as a squat rack, and worked with a 5day split for a bit, before falling off again.

Wound up moving the bench to an empty space at work to have easy acces to without the distractions at home, and would lift during breaks and at lunch with some guys there, benching, DLs, squats, OHP’s, and dips off of the forklift. Worked for a while, until one of the bosses said “No more working out, don’t want someone to get hurt” Alright fucker, thanks, you keep smoking and die so I can lift again, k?

Moved my shit home, and sectioned off a part of the house that was a formal dining room/living room and it is now a kids play room with a door to the dungeon, my little slice of hell I can close off to the world, blast the stereo, and lift in. Put my bench in there, built myself a squat rack, and started lifting again, that was the beginning of this year. Picked up Wendler’s 5/3/1 book in March and that’s what I’ve been on since, and what I’ll continue to follow for a while.

Stats:
220lbs
Mid-upper 20’s BF%
5’11
29 years old

Bench: 285, up from 250
Squat: 250 (Yes, I know), up from a hard 215
Dead: 365, up from 310
Military: 185, up from 170

Not bad progress for a few months.

I’ll be logging my workouts and what not, starting with tonight’s bench workout. I tend to follow the program regarding the main lifts, and just jot down half-assed what assistance work I did, so here I should keep on top of it more. I’m on a 5/3/1 week, with next week being scheduled deload. I’ve basically had a week off since I went on vacation and crashed my motorcycle, it’s kind of fucked me up with my lifting last week. I think I’ll do the 5/3/1 week as written, and instead of deloading next week, start back with the 5’s.

I’ll put video’s up of lifts on occasion, prowler video’s (my self-proclaimed specialty), and anything else I find awesome.

Shit, sorry for the novel!

It’s about time darling :wink:

5/3/1 Week 15, Bench Press, 7/20/2010

As written was 200x5, 230x3, 255x1+.

200x5, 230x3, 255x3.
Flat Bench 165x10/10/10/10/10
Floor press 185x10/7/8/7/6

Felt pretty good afterwards, very fatigued and triceps were exploding. Felt good to finally get this workout in, as it seems like it’s been evading me for several days. I think I’m finally back on track.

Deadlift tomorrow, Military Press on Friday, Prowler this weekend, and I’ll be back to squats come Monday.

That’s the plan anyway.

Feeling the fatigue all over my chest and shoulders today, tomorrow the DOMS is going to cripple me! Oh, and why did I have to see the “pushup challenge” thread today? I have to give it a shot, just to know.

Nice to see you logging your progress.

[quote]pushmepullme wrote:
Nice to see you logging your progress.[/quote]
Thanks PMPM, feel free to destroy my morale with harsh critiques as often as you like, I can take it. Maybe.

My erection spits fire on this thread.

Fucking oorah.

Good luck, are you sure you’re mid upper 20’s on bf%. I’d get a 7-site test done and back it up with an bf scale.

Unless you have a huge ass, moobs and drop fat I doubt its that high. IMO

[quote]ADvanced TS wrote:
Fucking oorah.

Good luck, are you sure you’re mid upper 20’s on bf%. I’d get a 7-site test done and back it up with an bf scale.

Unless you have a huge ass, moobs and drop fat I doubt its that high. IMO[/quote]
Ooh Rah, Motivator!

I’m not sure on the BF actually, that’s just where it was the last time I checked which was forever ago. I’d rather tell myself it’s a lot higher than it is, if that were the case, as a way to keep myself in check. I’ll try to re-check it one of these days.

Tried the “pushup challenge” as written in the tread of the same title. 2 minutes, max reps, with a dead stop including hands off the ground at the bottom. I got 40, and they weren’t easy, I’ll tell you what! Might be a good finisher on bench days though.

7-21-10 5/3/1 Deadlift

Was supposed to go 255x5, 285x3, 320x1+

You ever have the wrong plate on the bar and think it’s the right combo?

Went 275x5 (Thought it felt heavy!), 285x3, 320x1

The first set drained me physically and mentally, which I’m attributing to robbing me of a couple reps in the top set.

BB Rows 135x10, 155x10, 175x8, 175x8
Rack Pulls 225x5, 275x5, 315x3, 345x1
Shrugs 225x10/12/15

Here’s a shot of the 320x1, form felt a bit off, still trying to get dialed back in from my unplanned time off.

Overall felt good with tonight, tired, and am going to feel it tomorrow. Bring the pain.

Ink

Hey, you have a log!! :slight_smile:

Don’t fall off again, mmmmk?

[quote]mom-in-MD wrote:
Hey, you have a log!! :slight_smile:

Don’t fall off again, mmmmk?[/quote]
Yes, Mom! :wink:

I’m not going anywhere this time around

[quote]inkaddict wrote:

Fucking oorah.

Unless you have a huge ass, moobs and drop fat I doubt its that high. IMO[/quote]
Ooh Rah, Motivator!

I’m not sure on the BF actually, that’s just where it was the last time I checked which was forever ago. I’d rather tell myself it’s a lot higher than it is, if that were the case, as a way to keep myself in check. I’ll try to re-check it one of these days.

Tried the “pushup challenge” as written in the tread of the same title. 2 minutes, max reps, with a dead stop including hands off the ground at the bottom. I got 40, and they weren’t easy, I’ll tell you what! Might be a good finisher on bench days though.[/quote]

If you’re trying to get the bf % down you may need a little:

“LEFT, LEFT, LEFT, RIGHT, LAAAOOO”
“LOWWW, RIGHT, ALAAAAOOOO, LEFTY, RIGHT, ALAAOOO”

“LOWWW, RIGHT, ALAAAAOOOO, LEFTY, RIGHT, ALAAOOO”[/quote]
Haha dude, that’s funny. I’ll prowler and hill sprint before I voluntarily do any more “LOOOW, RIGHT, RIGHTCHA, LEFT, RIGHT, LAYOOOOO”

So what was your MOS, leathernuts?

Chest is so insanely sore today, it’s not even funny. Just got out of my chair after a 2 hour meeting, I need some foam roller action! ouch

[quote]inkaddict wrote:

“LOWWW, RIGHT, ALAAAAOOOO, LEFTY, RIGHT, ALAAOOO”[/quote]
Haha dude, that’s funny. I’ll prowler and hill sprint before I voluntarily do any more “LOOOW, RIGHT, RIGHTCHA, LEFT, RIGHT, LAYOOOOO”

So what was your MOS, leathernuts?[/quote]

0612, field wiredog

7/22/10 Planned on an off day…

I was so sore this morning, I decided I’d take a day off from anything, and hit OHP’s hard tomorrow. Well, someone convinced me to push the beast I call a Prowler, so I did. Got my brother out there with me again, as he’s usually always DTP (Down To Prowl).

Brought 300#'s of plates to add to the bastard, so the workout went like:

(All weights are not including the 65# E-Prowler)

90#x3x50yds
180#x3x50yds
250#x2x35yds
300#x2x20yds
90#x1x50yds

11 sets total, and I was dead. Still feel dead an hour later…

I love that stupid ass Prowler…

OPP, other people’s prowler :smiley:

[quote]mom-in-MD wrote:
OPP, other people’s prowler :D[/quote]
Nice! Hey MiM, if I write a song, can I use that as the title?

Anytime you and yours are in AZ and wanna give it a push, don’t be afraid of OPP!

In other news, I can’t even lean forward and lift anything. Soooo sore!

Love it.

Military presses tonight. Think I’ll warm up and then attempt the 135 for max reps challenge that’s come to light, and then commence my 5/3/1.

Last night’s Prowler +300 (365) push.

This picture came out awesome