Injury While Doing Glute Ham Raises

I was doing Glute Ham Raises and as I was lowering down, as I was extending my knees, i felt something on a tendon behind the right knee and my leg was stiff: I couldn’t come back up again.
Then I kept feeling tightenss and pain behind my right knee(to the left side of it - see red line drawn on picture). It’s been getting better, but I still feel that ligament tighten real hard when I do glute ham raises and it’s unconfortable.

What are some things I could do to get rid of the tightness quicker?

Rest for 2-3 days, and then foam roll it.

tweet

How’s your hamstring flexibility?

[quote]rlBanda wrote:
How’s your hamstring flexibility?[/quote]

How should I test it?

The only thing is that still feel a tendon or something in the area along the red line in the photo being very tight as I descend into the glute ham raise, as my knee extends.

In supine, have a partner perform a passive straight leg raise (stretch your hamstring, knee fully extended). Reaching 90* would be perfect, I realize you probably don’t have a goniometer on hand so just eye it out as best you can.

[quote]rlBanda wrote:
In supine, have a partner perform a passive straight leg raise (stretch your hamstring, knee fully extended). Reaching 90* would be perfect, I realize you probably don’t have a goniometer on hand so just eye it out as best you can. [/quote]

I tried and I can even go a bit over 90 degress just fine.

[quote]Blasta wrote:

[quote]rlBanda wrote:
In supine, have a partner perform a passive straight leg raise (stretch your hamstring, knee fully extended). Reaching 90* would be perfect, I realize you probably don’t have a goniometer on hand so just eye it out as best you can. [/quote]

I tried and I can even go a bit over 90 degress just fine.[/quote]

Tightness is a relative thing. Sounds like a strain to one of your medial hamstring muscles/tendons. As bird said rest, foam roll and then build your strength back up.

4 months after the incident, I haven’t done any done any glute ham raises because the area marked on the drawing is still tight, even while walking.

I am considering of using some arnica gel to help the healing. What are your thoughts on that? Anything else I could use that would help me?