Injury: Upper Leg-Lower Ab Region

OK. Last week I was trying out some all-out sprints. Since the following day I’ve had this pain that radiates from mostly the left lower abdominal region down to (I’m guessing) the adductors.

It doesn’t prevent me from walking or anything, but it’s very uncomfortable. If I do any types of hip flexion the pain is there (not excruciating, but enough to prevent me from running). I tried doing deadlifts with different grips and still there was pain. Same goes with squatting.

Has anyone ever had this injury? If so, how long did it take to heal and did you do anything to alleviate the pain.

To anyone else (hopefully EC and MR read this) any advice on what I can do to be fully functional once again? Any type of rehab exercises? I’m dropping leg work for now (which sucks like hell because I live on squats, deads, heavy bag kicking, running, etc.).

Any help/advice is appreciated. Thank you all for your time.

-ton

[quote]TestosterTon wrote:
OK. Last week I was trying out some all-out sprints. Since the following day I’ve had this pain that radiates from mostly the left lower abdominal region down to (I’m guessing) the adductors.

It doesn’t prevent me from walking or anything, but it’s very uncomfortable. If I do any types of hip flexion the pain is there (not excruciating, but enough to prevent me from running). I tried doing deadlifts with different grips and still there was pain. Same goes with squatting.

Has anyone ever had this injury? If so, how long did it take to heal and did you do anything to alleviate the pain.

To anyone else (hopefully EC and MR read this) any advice on what I can do to be fully functional once again? Any type of rehab exercises? I’m dropping leg work for now (which sucks like hell because I live on squats, deads, heavy bag kicking, running, etc.).

Any help/advice is appreciated. Thank you all for your time.

-ton[/quote]

Dude, is it your groin? I just pulled mine a little over 3 wks ago. Had to stop all ab work, leg work and bent-over rows. I am just now getting back into VERY light leg work, very light abs - I think heavy deads did it, even though I had a comp. powerlifter confirm that I was doing them right. Guess my adductors are not up to snuff.

I took Aleve (for inflammation), iced the area (oooof), and chilled for three weeks. I stuck to heavy benches, close-grips, bw dips and pulls/chins.

Well I don’t think it’s my groin. I’ve had groin injuries before and this isn’t like those (I could be wrong of course).

I’m thinking it’s a muscle strain but not sure (hopefully not a hernia). I mean it came after trying a maximal speed sprinting bout.

But thank you for your input. I think I’ll have to follow your route and lay off leg work for 3 weeks. I was searching online and read that minimum healing time for most abdominal muscle strains is 3 weeks!!! This shit sucks, damn.

Thank you.

-ton